Bart's New Vinotemp Project

Bartolomeo

So...how much have you spent in addition to the vinotemp?

Vinotemp was the easy part, but finding out about this site was the kick in the balls..........friendly folks, killer prices and an all around fun place, my wallet is taking a beating and I am only buying singles until I decide what I like best

Posting pics of stash later

Bart :lol:

Those are some nice looking sticks there. Love how his singles are so well organized and labeled.

I have purchased many singles to try and figure what I like and what I dont.......beats buying a box on a blind cigar.......now they are resting in my humi.....I was told to let the CC settle in my humi for about a month since they typically travel a little moist

Bart

I have purchased many singles to try and figure what I like and what I dont.......beats buying a box on a blind cigar.......now they are resting in my humi.....I was told to let the CC settle in my humi for about a month since they typically travel a little moist

Bart

Bart...you are absolutely correct. Your CCs should definitely be left to rest for a month before smoking. If you always last that long, I congratulate you. I sometimes have a hard time doing so. I envy your organization though. Very impressive.

Good job Amigo! It is nice to see your project coming to fruition. I can only say this. No turning back now, like kids, divorce or a terminal disease; in for a penny, in for a pound!

I am glad to see you channeled the runoff. I don't think there is a FEMA flood plan for one's humidor! Keep your eye out for a package later in the week. -R

• 1 month later...

Well, its been a long journey but here are some pics of my Vino with new Chasden shelves and drawers along with my new cigars. There is a glass top to these cedar lined drawers that maintains the temp and RH nicely and prevents sudden spikes when opening and closing the Vinotemp.

I bought 3 single and 2 double drawers with extra dividers. I like them b/c I dont have a lot of room in the Vino for my smokes.

I use about 3 lbs of 65% beads spread around and have two CPU fans running.........overkill, yes, but my results are perfect so I am content

My Vino is between 62-64* and 61-65%RH every day year round here in NC, I finally have it where I want it after farting around with it for weeks :dunce:

Enjoy!

Bart

Vino060.jpg

Vino055.jpg

Singles Drawer with HDM, Monte and Boli

Vino051.jpg

Vino049.jpg

Vino045.jpg

Singles drawer with Partagas, Punch and Dip #4

Vino024.jpg

Vino025.jpg

Vino029.jpg

Vino030.jpg

Vino031.jpg

Doubles drawer with Punch, Partagas and Dip .........I re-arranged some cigars between drawers

Vino032.jpg

Vino033.jpg

Vino036.jpg

Double drawer with various CC

Vino039.jpg

Vino043.jpg

Vino044.jpg

Single drawer with random Coronas, PC and Robustos waiting to be tested :)

Vino064.jpg

Vino065.jpg

Vino066.jpg

Vino068.jpg

Well you sure have not wasted any time getting stocked! Nice job my friend.

Looking at the organization of your cigar drawers makes me a little embarrassed about my desk... my desktop humidors... my singles drawers... my life... -LOL

Bart...that is one well organized humidor. Impressive that you make the time to do all that, especially the labeling, but I guess if it is a passion, one should be passionate about it. Good job.

• 8 months later...

Just saw this - excellent organization, Bart. Looks like you're an anal retentive fool, not unlike myself - I'm sure our wives both have plenty to moan about.

On a bit of a side note, I know it's been a while since this thread was started, but I have two concerns.

Firstly - the electricians putty. Did you notice any sort of unwanted chemical smell at all, long term, in your Vino? I wonder this as, in my experience, this stuff kind of stinks. Plus, it's stuff that stays pliable over time, so who knows what sort of chemicals/VOC's may be present there. I've only ever used, or seen used, either double-sided polyurethane foam tape for adhering stuff, or non-VOC 100% silicone (and allowing plenty of open-air curing time anyways).

Secondly - with your electrical connections, have you noticed any issues? For the type of high-humidity environment that you have going there, I'm just wondering if you aren't liable to get some oxidation on the relatively-open copper wiring. Like with high-end home theatre installs, it's generally best to used a closed-to-the-air wire connector. For that wiring, there are different options, but I'd recommend a heat-shrinkable butt-connector - something that you can crimp the two wire ends into, and then heat shrink the molding to make it sealed and air-tight, like one of these:

08-window_butt_splice-l.jpg

Just my thoughts, anyways.

Great job nonetheless. Bet you're proud and happy.