Goose Hunt

EricM

Start of the early season has not been easy, most birds in the area are only local birds but a strong north wind has kicked in the migration making this mornings hunt one to remember. The final tally was 31 birds and 1 banded bird. We could have made our limit but we all agreed 31 was plenty of birds too clean.. :D

Regular season of ducks and geese starts next saturday. More reports too follow..

Picture025.jpg

Here's my first band of the season, will be phoning it in on Monday.

Picture023.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Always wanted to hunt geese. I am a displaced australian so never got to hunt much there. I shoot competitive sporting clays - won a few national, state and regional comps. Looks wonderful.

I've never been hunting before, but have always wanted to. I have done clay shooting from time to time though.

• 2 weeks later...
Nice!!!!!

i have always heard there meat is like a rubber band......But your sayin not so?????

I think the meat is a bit gamier than duck, and definitely has more fat which can sometime lead to it being too oily for me.

Nice!!!!!

i have always heard there meat is like a rubber band......But your sayin not so?????

You really have to cook it like meat.. cook it rare and it'll be just amazing. over cook it and it's just nasty!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

whats the significance of the band?

and what is this, shooting fish in a barrel?? you guys are sitting there with guns and 30 dead birds, and the rest of them are still just hanging around? lol

whats the significance of the band?

and what is this, shooting fish in a barrel?? you guys are sitting there with guns and 30 dead birds, and the rest of them are still just hanging around? lol

Those are decoys moron.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Those are decoys moron.

ahh, I knew everyone at FOH couldn't all be friendly. thanks.

excuse me for not knowing or ever hearing of humans needing decoys to hunt big dumb birds

there are some geese in my yard, wanna come shoot em? I could probably just run up and grab one, that might be easier

Decoys? He must be having us on I think... What's the difference between the "decoys" and the actual targets? I think the rest of those geese in the pictures would be dead as well if they hadn't run out of bullets..

I shoot competitive sporting clays in WA state and always wanted to goose hunt ... using decoys is to hunt birds (ducks, geese) is common place.

ahh, I knew everyone at FOH couldn't all be friendly. thanks.

excuse me for not knowing or ever hearing of humans needing decoys to hunt big dumb birds

there are some geese in my yard, wanna come shoot em? I could probably just run up and grab one, that might be easier

Here's a little lesson for you, when you ask a question acting like an ignorant prick you'll normally get treated like one. Your reply above says it all.

Decoys? He must be having us on I think... What's the difference between the "decoys" and the actual targets? I think the rest of those geese in the pictures would be dead as well if they hadn't run out of bullets..

Decoys = Plastic.. Is that even a real question??

Yes that's what hunters do, go out with boxes of ammo and shoot everything in site..