Bolivar Petit Belicosos LRE MAY 09

asmith

What in hell is that music playing in the background?

During the first third it sounded like an Aussie drinking song.

bruce, glorious bruce.

from live in dublin. mostly the re done 'blinded by the light'. sensational tho smithy's sound recording leaves a lot to be desired.

smithy's sound recording leaves a lot to be desired.

Ken, I am not alone when I say your selection of music and the loudness at which you play it, leaves a lot to be desired. Don't get me started on your dancing.

I would also like to point out you owe me from this review, don't make me redo it with the bits you don't want in there!!!!

I greatly appreciate your brutally honest approach to your craft. Here you are, shitting all over the most expensive of the three EL's for 2009. From a business perspective, perhaps some would frown on that. Kudos to your integrity. One of the many things that keeps me here.

Looking forward to the next one...

Rob, maybe you can bring a bottle of that Remy Louis XIII to Sydney with you next week :hungry:

first, the chances of rob ever getting his mitts back on that bottle of remy are zero. it was glorious but i think we'd both prefer the zacapa xo.

second, smithy, great job. one of your best. i think the reason roman polanski wants out of jail is to come and study under you. study editing, that is.

rob, we may have been 'advised' but it is quite simple. they make good cigars, they get good reviews. they make dog turds, they don't

and finally, to cuban customs etc, rob made me do it.

Rob and Ken,

Thanks for the review

I felt the same way when I smoked one of these I picked up. There is a short review over on CA on these guys...and the reviewer as I recall mentions it was one of the best cigars he's smoked. What's the probability it's a box to box scenario not unlike the R&J Dukes EL 2009? :cowpoop:

Thanks

Rob and Ken,

Thanks for the review

I felt the same way when I smoked one of these I picked up. There is a short review over on CA on these guys...and the reviewer as I recall mentions it was one of the best cigars he's smoked. What's the probability it's a box to box scenario not unlike the R&J Dukes EL 2009? :cowpoop:

Thanks

more than possible given the way the LE's have gone of late. that said, i've smoked from two different boxes and dead set same result.

first, the chances of rob ever getting his mitts back on that bottle of remy are zero. it was glorious but i think we'd both prefer the zacapa xo.

second, smithy, great job. one of your best. i think the reason roman polanski wants out of jail is to come and study under you. study editing, that is.

rob, we may have been 'advised' but it is quite simple. they make good cigars, they get good reviews. they make dog turds, they don't

and finally, to cuban customs etc, rob made me do it.

Wow Ken, bold statement regarding the Zacapa. I love Remy XO with a cigar but for the price of the XIII I can't imagine it being over 100 times better.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, I realize this is a bit of an old post, but I'm curious if you've revisited this recently and if the additional time has changed your thoughts at all? I appreciate the candor in the reviews, there's not quite enough of that in the cigar reviewing community for fear of *gasp* offending someone. Anyhow, I just smoked on of these P. belicosos a month or so ago and was pleased with the development...granted, my experience with EL is quite limited, so I have no real set of standards to compare it to.

Joe

• JohnS changed the title to Bolivar Petit Belicosos LRE MAY 09