Day 115 of the Ken Presidency

El Presidente

It was a gorgeous blue sky March Havana afternoon as the Blue and White 747 “ Air Force One” circled in preparation for touching down at Jose Marti Airport. President Ken resplendent now in Military Fatigues (and four medals) was flanked on the tarmac by Foreign minister Lisa Goreta, IT Minister Smithy, Minister for Everything, Jose and VP Maximus Robusto and recently promoted Security minister Hamlet Paredes. The band was practicing Cuba’s national Anthem “La Bayamesa” , the National Cuba Youth Choir were giving a stirring rendition. President ken was nervous.

Maximus “ Jesus ken...why the military fatigues?”

Ken “I’m playing hardball with Obama”

Hamlet “the camouflage pattern looks like you are attacking a nightclub?”

Ken “ I bought them at a market in Thailand in the 90’s....cost me $10!”

Jose “Presidente....what’s the new medal for?”

Lisa “ he took Friday off....it was a mistake free day”

Presidente Ken looked disparagingly at the band and choir

Ken “Why aren’t they playing “Soul Man” as requested?”

Maximus “Ken, I vetoed your request for “Soul Man”. Let’s play this one straight down the line”

Ken “ You lied to me Maximus, you promised me being Presidente would be fun!” “Smithy, call ahead and make sure the motorcade is in order”

Smithy “ Sorry ken, No signal on the cell. I hate being IT Minister”

Ken “ I have gone over this with you before Smithy....you were most qualified...you had an IPhone thingy”

Smtihy lit a cigar “ I’m right on it Ken”

Lisa “ Ken, you went over the diplomatic protocol briefing notes I prepared?”

Ken “No need Lisa. You thought I took Friday off but the reality is I watched a rerun of “Shaft” with Samuel lee Jackson. I am ready!”

Jose “WTF?”

Hamlet “Tranquilo hermano....this should be good. By tomorrow morning the embargo will be dropped or we will have an invasion.”

Lisa “Maximus...I am going to kill the doofus”

Maximus “no time Lise....the plane is here”

Air Force One came to a halt, the stairs quickly made their way to the door, the red carpet rolled out all the way to Presidente Ken and the ministers. The band and choir commenced.

Ken “Smile and wave everyone!”

Hamlet “The *******er has to be kidding?”

Jose “So much for hardball.”

With ken waving like a windmill, US security Agents on the ground gave the all clear and the door of the plane slid open to reveal a beaming Obama and Michele waving to the thronging crowd. Being one of the most significant political events in over 50 years, the worlds media were in a frenzy.

Obama and ken strode towards each other on the red carpet. Obama in the world media glare took the initiative.

Obama “ Presidente Gargett, I come here today with the hopes and aspirations of two nations to see a great wrong undone. I come here today in a spirit of hope, a spirit of peace and a will to turn the page of history.”

Obama reached out the hand of friendship for the world to see. Presidente Ken seized this defining moment in history.....he took Obama’s hand firmly, shook it meaningfully....before in the best Samuel lee Jackson tradition, made a fist and tapped the bemused US Presidents hand.

Ken: “ Yo brother O” “Mi casa tu casa”

Hamlet turned to Jose

“ Jose...have the military on the Malecon”

I thought The Boss would have loved to have played live for Obama's arrival, as he so often does for democrat leaders?... Must have been put off by the increasingly oppressive (to fashion) leadership of the despot Ken!

This is really good. Thanks rob for the saga

Ken´s next nightmare: Running out of fridges by the end of the year, half the population close to starvation, no more Cohiba Springsteen, no grasping any step in the Cha Cha Classes, Cubanitas hanging out with other cubanitas, in need of cash to bail out economy,military plot ready for a coup d´Etat. It´s not easy being president and MR promised you it would be fun.

:2thumbs:

Ken´s next nightmare: Running out of fridges by the end of the year, half the population close to starvation, no more Cohiba Springsteen, no grasping any step in the Cha Cha Classes, Cubanitas hanging out with other cubanitas, in need of cash to bail out economy,military plot ready for a coup d´Etat. It´s not easy being president and MR promised you it would be fun.

:2thumbs:

Sounds like some interesting storylines will be coming up soon.

Obama reached out the hand of friendship for the world to see. Presidente Ken seized this defining moment in history.....he took Obama’s hand firmly, shook it meaningfully....before in the best Samuel lee Jackson tradition, made a fist and tapped the bemused US Presidents hand.

Ken: “ Yo brother O” “Mi casa tu casa”

Hamlet turned to Jose

“ Jose...have the military on the Malecon”

:o OMG Ken, now you did it :2thumbs:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

B) THE PLOT THICKENS B)

Thanks Rob, can't wait to see what happens in Chapter EL 48, Tome series A :P

Fantastic read Rob!

In all seriousness Joe, thanks for reminding us of some of the very real serious problems that are facing Cuba today. Hopefully something is being done to make these wrongs, right.

Please........Does anyone on the forum have connections in Hollywood :2thumbs: , I want to see a mini-series done with this! Rob, keep it up...your tearin me up with this stuff! :rotfl: