From Across the Ditch...

frenchkiwi

reyes_0001.jpg

Kia ora tatou,

(Gday all)

Never having been a forum member, i didn't know about this introduction thing until i found it today. So apologies for posting semi-anonymously!

Can I just say this is a great forum, with plenty of people about who seem to know their stuff. Good effort.

I've been smoking cigars for just under a decade now. One day in my teens my dad pulled out a pack on a camping holiday, intrigued, I found out that this is what him and his 5 brothers (good irish catholics) used to do when tramping and on christmas day. Started out with the odd dutch cigarillo from the Tabac - Presse down the road whilst growing up in France. Now back in the land of my fathers, in Wellington, New Zealand, I've discovered the joys of the Habano proper and tampered with the dark side (nicaraguans etc). Even started up a club with the whanau and a few friends who are just starting out in cigars, we all taste a few cigars every month and share our thoughts on cigarhereticsaotearoa.blogspot.com . Recently bought a selection of singles off the Czar here which we've just started smoking - thanks Lisa and Rob.

Anyway that's me. First child on the way next month so will probably have to trim down on the smoking time and budget as well as just about everything else. Advice welcome!

Xav

welcome and enjoy.

time we had a kiwi back on the forum - i think we've driven all the others off. have two trips to nz in next few months but both just south of you.

Well beware - after an August that seemed like summer, we are having the coldest, wettest month of september ever. Snow storms anywhere above 500m altitude in the past week. My uncle came over from Brisbane last weekend and almost died getting out of the plane. I hope for your sake that you're coming to ski in the south island ;-)

Well beware - after an August that seemed like summer, we are having the coldest, wettest month of september ever. Snow storms anywhere above 500m altitude in the past week. My uncle came over from Brisbane last weekend and almost died getting out of the plane. I hope for your sake that you're coming to ski in the south island ;-)

first trip is marlborough festival and a couple of days back country fishing. then 4 or five days fishing a bit after that. i'll pack the woolies.

We?

welcome to FOH.

be fair. i don't actually have permission to ban kiwis, only make suggestions. and if i recall, the last one rob banned was one i recommended be allowed to stay.

after all, if you take a dog's bone away, he has nothing to play with.

but, as they say in the classics, some of my best friends....

(also like to bag kiwis).

but welcome anyway and after all, a kiwi who likes cigars and been on the site for at least a day and not mentioned the bledisloe once can't be all bad.

the moral of this is to ignore colt.

be fair. i don't actually have permission to ban kiwis

the moral of this is to ignore colt.

Ban? They left due to a certain member's relentless persecution. And with a name like french kiwi, you must have gone into convulsions

of joy thinking of what fun you could have. (Ken loves the French as well).

As for ignoring me, I'd call that sound advice.

Ban? They left due to a certain member's relentless persecution. And with a name like french kiwi, you must have gone into convulsions

of joy thinking of what fun you could have. (Ken loves the French as well).

As for ignoring me, I'd call that sound advice.

when have i ever had a go at the french? love the french. could not tell you how many times i've visited france and had a wonderful time.

some of my best friends, well they might not be french but i still like them.

Ban? They left due to a certain member's relentless persecution.

and if i recall, that was because the bloke was a complete plonker that everyone disliked, especially those occupying far loftier positions than a mere slave to the forum like myself. it had nothing to do with the bloke's nationality. (well, to clarify, being a plonker may or may not, but being banned didn't).

when have i ever had a go at the french? love the french. could not tell you how many times i've visited france and had a wonderful time.

some of my best friends, well they might not be french but i still like them.

Kiwis, Poms, the French, Canadians - I'm pretty sure you've thrown the Spanish and Italians under the bus as well. Come to think of it, the list of

those you haven't would be much shorter.

I'm still scarred by being referred to as a septic my first couple of years here......

Kiwis, Poms, the French, Canadians - I'm pretty sure you've thrown the Spanish and Italians under the bus as well. Come to think of it, the list of

those you haven't would be much shorter.

I'm still scarred by being referred to as a septic my first couple of years here......

seppo's? term of endearment. much like kiwis, poms (nice to see you on board with that), frogs and sealbashers. all terms of endearment.

this is an extraordinary and unprovoked attack that in days gone by would have required satisfaction by pistols at dawn.

i'm sure they stopped duels because who really wants to get up at dawn?

spaniards and italians? is there the slightest bit of evidence (o ye of the thrice cross indexed forum who can pull up any long forgotten thread from about 60 years ago in seconds) to support this? i am deeply perplexed. perhaps you have me confused...

(i should have listened to that very wise man who said to ignore you).

OK here i woz, expecting to see a dozen more people welcoming me into the collective bosom of the forum, and i find an ongoing and no doubt multiply-threaded feud between established members. Gentlemen, no wonder the international punters are being driven away ;-)

As for stereotypes, i will get in there first and declare myself an insular-minded cultureless dole-bludging haka-performing sheep-shagger with a penchant for red wine, smelly cheeses, garlic necklaces, stripy shirts and multiple simultaneous love affairs of dubious standing which go off with an uranium-tainted bang.

And I have not one but two inconsistent rugby teams, one at world cup time, and one the rest of the time, which is why i haven't yet mentioned the bledisloe or the fact that you hired a kiwi coach to sabotage your own effort (oops...).

Apart from that i'm just a regular punter eh. Vive la difference!

which is why i haven't yet mentioned the bledisloe or the fact that you hired a kiwi coach to sabotage your own effort (oops...).

Apart from that i'm just a regular punter eh. Vive la difference!

i must say i am now living my own private version of hell. a kiwi coaching the wallabies and even worse, a new south welshman coaching the reds.

civilisation, as we know it, is now officially dead.

i must say i am now living my own private version of hell. a kiwi coaching the wallabies and even worse, a new south welshman coaching the reds.

civilisation, as we know it, is now officially dead.

ps - i apologise on behalf of colt and hope you enjoy the forum.

On behalf of the other memebrs of this great forum ... (excuse Ken and Colt) ... Welcome on board and trus you will learn alot from some members, not sure if you will from the above though.

Don't you just feel the love from the forum moderators? :) Such a nice heartfelt welcome to the forum gives you a warm tingling feeling all over...

Oh, and welcome!

this is an extraordinary and unprovoked attack that in days gone by would have required satisfaction by pistols at dawn.

That's all well and good except that one of us actually has pistols, the other believes anyone who even thinks of owning a gun

should be shot (uh, that would be you).

But, if you insist upon proceeding, I have a nice starter's pistol you can borrow.

i will get in there first and declare myself an insular-minded cultureless dole-bludging haka-performing sheep-shagger with a penchant for red wine, smelly cheeses, garlic necklaces, stripy shirts and multiple simultaneous love affairs of dubious standing which go off with an uranium-tainted bang.

BIENVENUE , L'AMI EPICURIEN

At last, someone who is truly civilized :o

And of course as others have said, don't listen to Ken or Colt,

they're on a thing of their own :D but we enjoy them anyway .

Amuse toi bien B)

That's all well and good except that one of us actually has pistols, the other believes anyone who even thinks of owning a gun

should be shot (uh, that would be you).

But, if you insist upon proceeding, I have a nice starter's pistol you can borrow.

i smell a set up, so must regretfully decline.

BIENVENUE , L'AMI EPICURIEN

At last, someone who is truly civilized :D

And of course as others have said, don't listen to Ken or Colt,

they're on a thing of their own :liar: but we enjoy them anyway .

Amuse toi bien B)

Merci bien camarade aficionado!

A ray of civilized light in a crowd of well- err ... australians?? ;)

Je vais de ce pas faire un peu de recherche sur ce "Banyuls" dont tu me fais part... we also have too many cheap and decent australian reds in this country, none of which seem to match a cigar, so maybe a bit of fleur de vigne du Vieux Monde is the Enlightenment I lack Down Under!