Diplomaticos No4 EMS ABR 08

asmith

How long have I been saying the same thing Rob?

You, my friend not only have performed a great service by objectively reviewing this cigar, but you can do the smoking world in general a great service by encouraging H SA to resurrect the line.

Now I am gonna' slam you with some criticism. Mate, you have gotta' stop using production data as a relevant argument about the worthiness of the life of a cigar. Yes, I understand that you are attempting to tell me that there is ROI rationale to your position, but damnit... if you are interested in the best of the best you have too look for them in the oddest of places and seek out the cigars that are not overproduced with a heritage of taste performance. I might add that when you said... they don't need to be overpriced, I almost **** a kitten!!!

You know Mate... I have been preaching this **** for years. I am glad the message finally made to the land of Oz! -LOL

Great review Amigos! H SA just put another black mark next to your names for this one and for the day anyway you have been removed from my list of H SA corporate stooges! Just keep your bloody hands off the D-3's in my locker, I am not dead yet!!! -LOL

;);)

:clap::clap:

:clap::clap:

thanks for the great review guys. I am working my way through a great box of early 06's. I may need to get a box of 08's. Smithy, I agree with you about that "smoky, scotch like flavor" and I find it really interesting in a light/medium bodied cigar.

Now I am gonna' slam you with some criticism. Mate, you have gotta' stop using production data as a relevant argument about the worthiness of the life of a cigar.

You know Mate... I have been preaching this **** for years. I am glad the message finally made to the land of Oz! -LOL

Now Piggy, you know the first rule of battle is to know your enemy ;) If the enemy high command works on production data /sales in determining future strategy then ignoring it (not alluding to it) is simply vetoing an important part of the debate.

The ongoing war to bring back some of the great cigars, while at the same time protecting what we already have, takes a mix of brickbats and kudos and a mid term strategy of education and dialogue with the powers that be.

HSA stooge to some....HSA Blacksheep to others....such a fine line to tread :spotlight:

Another great review and I've been curious about the recent Diplomatico No.4's. The last one I tried was from 06 and really liked it. They made me want explore more into their line and I haven't been dissapointed yet. I'll be adding some to my rotation soon.

PS: I hope to see a video review of the Diplomatico No.2 soon. The ones you have look fantastic.

Now Piggy, you know the first rule of battle is to know your enemy :P If the enemy high command works on production data /sales in determining future strategy then ignoring it (not alluding to it) is simply vetoing an important part of the debate.

The ongoing war to bring back some of the great cigars, while at the same time protecting what we already have, takes a mix of brickbats and kudos and a mid term strategy of education and dialogue with the powers that be.

HSA stooge to some....HSA Blacksheep to others....such a fine line to tread ;)

I thought the sheep were for the Kiwis... but whatever floats your bobber Mate!

Actually I am still pissed that you were too honest to rig the "Visit the Ozbornes Contest" for me!!! -LOL That way we could verbally abuse each other in person, perhaps we could even gang up on Ken!

You know me Amigo. Every argument is correlated to my core concerns with my 'favorite' cigar company. Just keep this in mind. If your production for a cigar is 1/3 of 1 percent, then you can't really be concerned when the total sales are only 1/3 of 1 percent!!! Cheers, -The Pig

I'm really bummed. I have a box of Monte 4's on the way that will fill up my humidor. Now I wish I ordered the Dips #4 :P . Wish they had a 10 pack of the Dips.

I wouldn't be bummed - the Montecristo No.4 can be a very good cigar. The guys have pointed out the inconsistencies, but when it comes

right down to it, the same could be said for many Cuban cigars.

I've been smoking from a January '06 box were quite wild when young - they'd start out OK but would quickly turn harsh and bitter. I smoked

another a couple of weeks back that finally show most of the rough edges smoothed out, but along with dark coffee, there is still brooding

power. I'm convinced that whoever laid out the tobacco for the day was not in a good mood.

Enjoy your cigars, and try the Diplos when you are able.

Excellent review!!!

On the another note, the Dip. No.5's deliver the same flavor description as the No.4's

AND

Montecristo No.5's out perform the Monte No.4's in consistancy, flavor and construction.

Moral of the story, about time Rob and Smithy have reviewed such an excellent example of a truly great Habano that doesn't break the bank and delivers a delightful smoking experience.

Great review guys. You always do such a great job with these video reviews. I must say that I am intrigued by the Dip 4. Smoked a Dip 5 recently and was far from impressed. Maybe the 4 will do for me what the 5 couldn't. Keep up the great work.

Excellent review and bloody spot on! I have NEVER had a bad Dip#4. So much so that if I ever had to pitch a smoke early, id fire a one of these because I know it would never let me down.

I used to smoke at least two of these a week and even had some I would rate 94. Time to re-stock I think!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took a box when i was in Czar House as i needed some 'quick fix' for the rest of my trip...

Well I have to say that, not being a connaisseur of Diplomaticos marque (except for the No.1, it took me 3 to really start to enjoy these.

Only then i started to have this toasted bread, leather, coffee flavors :huh:!

What can i say more? Very enjoyable indeed!

Since then, they are long gone already :D!

Dip #4 OPM ENE 09

Got this box from Czar after being inspired by the video in this link :)

Didnt care for the Monte #4 I had recently tried and PLPC is my favorite PC currently, but at this price point, I had to try these, especially since I enjoy the Dip #1

Construction was superb, wrapper was an oily Maduro color and some veins

Smoke time was 52 mins

Initial puff was pepper and toast

Flavors included Pepper, toast, hint of sweet dry flavor(cant pin point exact flavor)

Ash was Grey-White flakes

The purpose today was to test one and then let them rest for 6 months to re-visit , definitely tasted young as it was produced this year but long term is pretty good with this smoke I am thinking

8.9/10 with a potential of 9.2 down the road..........for the money, its a no brainer

Bart