What's Your Favorite Non Alchoholic Drink with a Cigar

coocooforroo

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm searching for something non alcoholic to go with a cigar. Last night I found that Diet Coke was NOT the answer...it was so wrong. Any suggestions.

Pu-Erh tea is a match made in heaven ! Pu Erh + cigar 1/2 in french... Pu Erh + cigar 2/2 in french...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Non Alcoholic????? Pepto Bismol....Alka-seltzer...Bitters abd soda... Of course this is AFTER the consumption of a sizable amount of Alcoholic beverage!!!!

@ thechenman

If the only sense of alcoholic beer is, to get drunk, you're right.

@ groza

In many cases, you're right. But in case of the Kromacher Weizen I will contradict. This does not taste as watery as other non-alcoholic beers. Give him a chance.

@ all

Of course, non-alcoholic beer is not as tastefull as alcoholic beer, because alcohol is an important carrier of flavor.

But in case of a companion to a good cigar, I like the mild taste of the castrated beer. It adapts well to the flavors of different cigars, without overpowering the subtle flavors of the tabaco.

In case of a afterwork-drink, I prefer (of course) the alcoholic version. :thumbsup:

I'm searching for something non alcoholic to go with a cigar. Last night I found that Diet Coke was NOT the answer...it was so wrong. Any suggestions.

There is no such things! ;):D

No, Pepsi does not work but regular coke is nice depending on the cigar or nice cup of coffee, heck if you have a chocolaty cigar you could even get one of those girlie cafe mocha's from a local coffeehouse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For a full bodied smoke, coffee black no sugar. Its the only way I drink cofee anyway! :o

I quit drinking a few months ago and I've been struggling to find something like wine or cognac.

For my fave non-alcoholic drink to enjoy with a Habanos, it's a cup or two of quality Cuban coffee. I prefer the Cafe Serrano. I have a couple vacuum packs of beans in my freezer, from my last trip to Cuba (it's also available from my local LCDH outlets). I like to freshly grind and make a pot of this if I'm going to be having a CC, but don't wish for an alcoholic drink. Fairly strong, but with a 1-and-1, up to a double-double, addition of fresh milk and sugar.

Hit's the spot, every time.

I'd agree with steven. A slice of lemon in a glass of iced water works really well. Haven't tried coffee yet, but definitely will do so after those comments.

I tried root beer which actually is quite nice but in my opinion too strong in flavours by itself, I guess the same would go for Dr. Pepper.

I also like a good cola with half a squashed lime (so a Cuba Libre sans Rum), Cherry Coke, Ginger Ale and Ice Tea (of course all with a fair amount of crushed ice).

I'd agree with steven. A slice of lemon in a glass of iced water works really well. Haven't tried coffee yet, but definitely will do so after those comments.

I tried root beer which actually is quite nice but in my opinion too strong in flavours by itself, I guess the same would go for Dr. Pepper.

I also like a good cola with half a squashed lime (so a Cuba Libre sans Rum), Cherry Coke, Ginger Ale and Ice Tea (of course all with a fair amount of crushed ice).

If you like Cherry Coke, then you might really like the Vanilla Coke with a cigar, too. It's really nice with some of the lighter cigars (Trinidad Robusto T, Cohiba Robusto, many R&J's, etc.). But, if you're smoking a meatier, heavier cigar (Partagas SDN4, Cuaba Piramid LE, Monte Edmundo/Petit Ed, etc.), then that Vanilla Coke is really nice with a good shot in it of a nice dark, aged rum (Captain Morgan Tattoo, Bacardi Black, HC Anejo/Anejo 7 Anos, etc.)

If you like Cherry Coke, then you might really like the Vanilla Coke with a cigar, too. It's really nice with some of the lighter cigars (Trinidad Robusto T, Cohiba Robusto, many R&J's, etc.). But, if you're smoking a meatier, heavier cigar (Partagas SDN4, Cuaba Piramid LE, Monte Edmundo/Petit Ed, etc.), then that Vanilla Coke is really nice with a good shot in it of a nice dark, aged rum (Captain Morgan Tattoo, Bacardi Black, HC Anejo/Anejo 7 Anos, etc.)

Thanks for that tip, haven't thought of that, but you're absolutely right. I'm surely gonna try that with my next smoke (due soon). I just bought a nice bottle of Zacapa 23, but it would be breaking my heart to pour that into a coke. I think the HC would be a good choice. Thanks again!

Thanks for that tip, haven't thought of that, but you're absolutely right. I'm surely gonna try that with my next smoke (due soon). I just bought a nice bottle of Zacapa 23, but it would be breaking my heart to pour that into a coke. I think the HC would be a good choice. Thanks again!

Definitely...and by all means, do not mix your Zacapa 23 with anything. On a hot day maybe add an ice cube, but otherwise neat. You won't regret it. It is just that goo on its own...

As there are quite a few cig + coffee fans around, I would like to throw in "Hawaii Kona" which I think is one of the smoothest coffees that I have ever had the pleasure to taste. Slight cocoa aroma, very mellow. I haven't tried it with cigars yet, but I reckon it would be a marvelous combination.