What's Your Favorite Non Alchoholic Drink with a Cigar

coocooforroo

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm searching for something non alcoholic to go with a cigar. Last night I found that Diet Coke was NOT the answer...it was so wrong. Any suggestions.

Pu-Erh tea is a match made in heaven ! Pu Erh + cigar 1/2 in french... Pu Erh + cigar 2/2 in french...

Pu-Erh tea is a match made in heaven ! :)

Good call, just tried it out. The unusual earthiness of this tea was complementing my smoke really well.

Good call, just tried it out. The unusual earthiness of this tea was complementing my smoke really well.

I'll also add to this notion of Pu-erh Tea and Cigars. It has made such an impression on me this year that I've almost entirely given up bourbon as my accompaniment of choice. And grew tired of the highs/lows of caffeine so I've given up coffee in the morning. I'll still have a bourbon, but it will be along side the tea. Before I was a casual once a month drinker of Grocery Store variety Oolong, Black, or White teas. The intriguing part about the tea is that it draws so many parallels with cigars. Pu-erhs and cigars are both hand processed, fermented, age well, and continue to ferment as they age, as do cigars. It's almost a noise cancel sine wave, where the unrefined tannins mask that of the other, opening up new depths of flavors for each. It comes compress either as a beeng(disc) or as a tuo(mushroom). Every cigar lover should try some at least once. So far I've tried:

2008 Menghai Hong Yun Ripe Pu-erh - Great medium bodied character, but lacks the wow factor

2008 Menghai V93 Premium Ripe Pu-erh - Full bodied, citrus, rounded mouth feel

2009 Menghai Tea Factory "7572" Ripe Pu-erh - Light bodied, stone fruit, earth

2008 Xiaguan FT Baoyan Tuo Raw Pu-erh - Full bodied, nuances of tobacco, wood, earth

2008 Menghai V93 Premium Ripe Pu-erh - Full boded, heavy citrus, as sweet as this tea comes

2009 Menghai Tea Factory 7542 Raw Pu-erh - Light bodied, earth, not much character - I'll see what is like next year

1998 CNNP You Le Raw Pu-erh - Purchase inspired by MRN since he has a beeng of You Le pictured and mentioned in his encyclopedia. It was incredible

2006 Menghai 8582 Raw Pu-erh - Full bodied, reminds me of a high quality lipton or snapple tea

• 2 weeks later...

We wern't allowed to drink Iraq, so I had to depend on cigars as my only vice. I agree with every one that said coffee, but I really developed a taste for turkish coffee. I drink black coffee all the time, and like turkish coffee black, but I love it with sugar and a cigar!

If you like Cherry Coke, then you might really like the Vanilla Coke with a cigar, too. It's really nice with some of the lighter cigars (Trinidad Robusto T, Cohiba Robusto, many R&J's, etc.). But, if you're smoking a meatier, heavier cigar (Partagas SDN4, Cuaba Piramid LE, Monte Edmundo/Petit Ed, etc.), then that Vanilla Coke is really nice with a good shot in it of a nice dark, aged rum (Captain Morgan Tattoo, Bacardi Black, HC Anejo/Anejo 7 Anos, etc.)

Tried it out finally. The Vanilla Coke works really well, has some creaminess to itself and pairs nice with a rich and creamy cigar, actually much better than the Cherry... Thanks!! The rum addition is next up. :huh:

Tried it out finally. The Vanilla Coke works really well, has some creaminess to itself and pairs nice with a rich and creamy cigar, actually much better than the Cherry... Thanks!! The rum addition is next up. ;)

Awesome. Glad to hear you liked it. It's a neat pairing of tastes, familiar but unique and different at the same time.

I recently discovered the phenomenal awesomeness of drinking an ice cold (fire brewed) root beer with a cigar.

The cigar compliments the root beer perfectly. The cigar brought out interesting flavors in the root beer that are usually masked by all the sugar.

My favorite root beer is made my Sprecher, give it a try if you ever see it. It is a real treat.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried:

Ceylon Tea -- very good

Earl-grey Tea -- good

English Tea #1 -- Very good especially with full-bodied cigars, it has a very sweet aroma but at the same time; it doesn't over power your smoke

Coffee -- an excellent choice, my favorite is the one from Kenya; it pairs really good with medium and full-bodied smoke :D

Ginger Beer (NA) -- DON'T YOU EVER TRY THAT :flower:

• 3 weeks later...
I'll also add to this notion of Pu-erh Tea and Cigars. It has made such an impression on me this year that I've almost entirely given up bourbon as my accompaniment of choice. And grew tired of the highs/lows of caffeine so I've given up coffee in the morning. I'll still have a bourbon, but it will be along side the tea. Before I was a casual once a month drinker of Grocery Store variety Oolong, Black, or White teas. The intriguing part about the tea is that it draws so many parallels with cigars. Pu-erhs and cigars are both hand processed, fermented, age well, and continue to ferment as they age, as do cigars. It's almost a noise cancel sine wave, where the unrefined tannins mask that of the other, opening up new depths of flavors for each. It comes compress either as a beeng(disc) or as a tuo(mushroom). Every cigar lover should try some at least once. So far I've tried:

2008 Menghai Hong Yun Ripe Pu-erh - Great medium bodied character, but lacks the wow factor

2008 Menghai V93 Premium Ripe Pu-erh - Full bodied, citrus, rounded mouth feel

2009 Menghai Tea Factory "7572" Ripe Pu-erh - Light bodied, stone fruit, earth

2008 Xiaguan FT Baoyan Tuo Raw Pu-erh - Full bodied, nuances of tobacco, wood, earth

2008 Menghai V93 Premium Ripe Pu-erh - Full boded, heavy citrus, as sweet as this tea comes

2009 Menghai Tea Factory 7542 Raw Pu-erh - Light bodied, earth, not much character - I'll see what is like next year

1998 CNNP You Le Raw Pu-erh - Purchase inspired by MRN since he has a beeng of You Le pictured and mentioned in his encyclopedia. It was incredible

2006 Menghai 8582 Raw Pu-erh - Full bodied, reminds me of a high quality lipton or snapple tea

A good beginning ! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Coffee all the way. I have been working on perfecting making it and I do about a 1/2 to inch layer of grinds in filter to make four cups. I have been using starbucks breakfast blend lately and it is pretty good. Then I do two fair size teaspoons sugar and milk, creamer or 50/50. Then I do whip cream (the bucket kind) and drizzle chocolate or caramel with a pinch of cinnamon. Excellent!