• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

5 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

Trinidad Robusto Extra MSE SEPT 11. Amazingly complex cigar. Grab them is you see them. Not a short smoke though. Take your time with this guy!

IMG_8995.JPG

Splendid right there!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, clutch5150 said:

Dang, looking at Bohn's pic above got me to break out this as I get ready in the backyard for another Cubbies whoop up of the Dodgers later this afternoon!

Trinidad.jpg

Trinidad 2011a.jpg

Trinidad b.jpg

A great smoke Vic. I still have 3 from the original release in the '90's that still are fabulous. 

10 minutes ago, Bohn007 said:

A great smoke Vic. I still have 3 from the original release in the '90's that still are fabulous. 

Wow, we need to trade a something for something stick so I can try a vintage 90 of this one! You be very fortunate to have a 90's vintage.

Just now, clutch5150 said:

Wow, we need to trade a something for something stick so I can try a vintage 90 of this one! You be very fortunate to have a 90's vintage of this one!

When the cabinets of 50 first came out, I got what was probably one of the first in the United States. Some were plugged and impossible to smoke but the good ones are amazing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bohn007 said:

When the cabinets of 50 first came out, I got what was probably one of the first in the United States. Some were plugged and impossible to smoke but the good ones are amazing. 

Bohn, were they just rolled too darn tight?

3 hours ago, clutch5150 said:

Bohn, were they just rolled too darn tight?

I believe that you are correct and some were rolled too tight. Remember that this was 1998 and quality was not always consistent. Here is the review from The Dirty Ashes https://thedirtyashes.wordpress.com/2013/02/27/1998-trinidad-fundadores/

Got  a full box of these at an event near a year ago now....   The first one I had was terrible. Wouldn't stay lit and burned a tunnel right down the center. Annoyed, I left them in the humidor for the past 11 months. About a half inch into this and it seems considerably better.    This is not a Cuban classic as labeled,  rather my understanding is it's the special blend of sticks given at "My Father" events  when you buy a full box of cigars.   The B&M  that requested a special Cigar for their special event was able to talk the company into using that blend in this 7.5 x50rg stick with maybe 200 boxes produced total.  

Glad this thing seems to be coming around....

image.jpeg

• Like 2