6 hours ago, jerrybrowne said:

What did you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good day Jerry,

Burn & construction was good. No touch ups. Started off slightly under medium. Got to medium halfway. I was getting lil woodiness, roasted elements & nuts. As it goes along, flavors seems to come out more.. Well balance flavors & burn. No sign of a young cigar ( TOR JUN 16 from our host). Perfectly pleasant. Will revisit in a few months time. 

Cheers! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, havanaclub said:

People have commented on the similarities to the Vigia. Quote me if I am wrong, but I think I recall Rob saying that on one of the 24:24 descriptions. Any similarities to the vigia for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy both but give the nod to the Topes.  I think they both share Trinidad DNA but the Topes has more depth of flavor for me.  Could just be in my head but I prefer the Topes by a wide margin...and I really like the Vigia.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Danimalia said:

Oh my God it's so nice out right now. Spring is almost here and so is baseball. Life is good. Romeo y Julieta Wide Churchill from a quarter box. I get it. It's a more approachable version of the regular Churchill. It's showing a sweetness ROTT that the regular Churchills have taken several months to begin to show. Lighter cigar, very easy draw. I suspect the sacrifice is that you're paying roughly the same price for a cigar that will last me about 30 minutes less. Excellent, though.

IMG_20180306_164804.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday. Letting them rest but curious to give them a go. I did notice the wrapper is paper thin, that being said they look great. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, planetary said:

I picked something I've been looking at out of the corner of my eye all winter, box code from 2012...

How was it? I've found SLR DCs to be overwhelming by the nose and underwhelming on the palate.

Angels Share opus. fantastic.

48 minutes ago, Doctorossi said:

How was it? I've found SLR DCs to be overwhelming by the nose and underwhelming on the palate.

I have reserved judgment.  The cigar's wrapper was Bible-page-thin, and my example suffered a tear at the head which went from problematic to bad to disastrous.  Normally, I would have chopped it back (should have done!), or perhaps chucked the cigar and reached for another -- but due to the rarity of these, I felt inclined to dig in my heels.

Body seemed at least medium (but I've not had a smoke in a couple months, so I might be out of wack).  When it was behaving, I caught some good flavors, but due to the technical challenge, I didn't even try to rate it.  I will hazard a first opinion after my next attempt.  :) 

• Like 3

IMG_7504.thumb.JPG.8d5a78875986ec73cf650fcbca1a794d.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that one of the 898? If so, how was it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk