FOH'ers Daily Smoke

Thank you kindly. Incidentally, I reflected on this today as I caught up with Trevor Leask, the founder of Cuban Cigar Website. These little mini-reviews began innocently enough as a expression of gratitude for receiving cigars to sample. Some of them have been aged, Limited or Regional Editions, discontinued or simply rare and much sought after. As a result I figured that the information I gleaned from smoking them would benefit other enthusiasts too.
Leave it with me. I intend to investigate if exporting posts collectively with FoH's technical staff assistance is possible, otherwise, I'll explore other options.
John, it would be great if it can be done. Always looking forward to your reviews. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• Replies 87.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

On 4/23/2019 at 6:29 AM, JohnS said:

1747952552_2019-04-1315_31_36.jpg.15e42439f2a1416e966887e22d1e414b.jpg962676996_2019-04-1316_19_06.jpg.38fe09fb837644b9dc9f263ba84834e1.jpg

Montecristo Leyenda UBM Sep 2018

This is my second Montecristo Leyenda in the last six months. Below are my notes from the first one...

"This Montecristo Leyenda is part of the new Linea 1935 series, a group of three cigars (the others are the Dumas and Maltes) which are the Montecristo version of the Cohiba Behike series. Its dimensions are identical to the 2017 Montecristo 80th Aniversario release, that is big...55 ring gauge by 165 mm in length. These have been marketed as been fuller in strength (or is it flavour, or possibly both?), but I found this to be suitably medium to medium-mild. Sure, it wasn't as light as an Especiales No.2, for example, but it was nowhere near as strong as some Petit Edmundos or even Montecristo No. 4's I've had.

The reason this cigar was so, so good, in my opinion, was the milk chocolate and cream flavour which dominated the first two thirds. There was also some underlying cedar, which was a little sweet, almond nut and, in my opinion, similarly to the Edmundo Dantes Belicosos, some hints of marshmallow. I was even able to retrohale into the final third, where I was able to get some white pepper. Pepper wasn't really evident throughout the first two-thirds and there was just a little in the last third. The one thing that I must add is how I underestimated how long it would take to smoke this, it must have been at least two-and-a-half hours! Glorious and deserving of high praise indeed!"

This Leyenda was even milder than my first one and took around the same time to finish. There was no pepper notes at the end but flavours were similar. Again, (it was) a great smoke!

Thanks @JohnS this has given me the urge to drag one back out and see the evolution for myself. 

• Like 4

Guest Nekhyludov

OCT 18 Papo La Verdad. These are incredible - honeycomb, sour twang, salt. Every time I smoke one, I wonder why the hell I spend money on Cohibas.

IMG_20190423_213332.thumb.jpg.a4d9188460211ff627233caf27d868b5.jpg

On 4/22/2019 at 12:50 AM, Akela3rd said:

You're welcome sir! How is it?

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

It was nice but compared to my last memory (when I had one at Robs deck) smoking this cigar, it was missing a bit of "gusto" if you know what i mean. Still nice..but not all there... yet! Maybe age will help :)

• Like 2

On 4/22/2019 at 10:56 AM, THEMISCHMAN said:

I had a MUR OCT 12 Superiores while grilling up some chicken and dogs for the kids.

This sounds a little strange down-under. I was wondering if it was a typo to start with :rotfl:
Looking again, I remembered that our US friends use dogs to mean hot-dogs - well at least I hope you do!!?

• Like 2

On 4/23/2019 at 8:25 PM, Raskol said:

John, it would be great if it can be done. Always looking forward to your reviews. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

+1 from me! Your reviews are great and make a valuable resource @JohnS!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, JohnS said:

I'd like to again thank @Çnote for making these available for me to sample. He gave me some other Non-Cubans to sample along with these ones and suggested that I was moving through them from most likely to emulate Cubans to least likely. I started off with the Warped Don Reynaldo and Relatos, moved onto the La Flor Dominicana 1994 and Santa Muerte and then finished with these. Yes, they did indeed progress in a linear fashion from most like Cubanesque to least, but I say this tongue-in-cheek, I swear it was just a coincidence folks!

@JohnSI'm really glad you enjoyed these and greatly enjoyed your notes as they give me better clarity on the CC you review and as your notes match mine neatly give me greater confidence in reaching for what is available out there. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

This sounds a little strange down-under. I was wondering if it was a typo to start with :rotfl:
Looking again, I remembered that our US friends use dogs to mean hot-dogs - well at least I hope you do!!

Ha! Sorry, I should have said, “I threw some chook and Frankfurts on the barbie.”

• Like 3