• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

47 minutes ago, JohnS said:

211953737_2019-05-1109_39_06.jpg.f6cdf16fa5b6fbd7b210d8b12bc29e08.jpg

Partagás Serie D No.4 OPA Mar 2010

In case you didn't know it, modern consensus in the Habanos community suggests that the number one selling Cuban vitola in the world is no longer the Montecristo No.4, rather it has been surpassed by the Partagas Serie D No.4. That's not bad for a cigar that because of its size (50 ring gauge x 124 mm or 4.9 inches) sold only 5000 boxes annually when it was first released in the 1960s.

This Partagas Serie D No.4 was gifted to me by an anonymous benefactor (yes, you know who you are...and thank you!) a number of years ago, I decided today it was time to see how it was coming along, before I could change my mind and let it age into its tenth year!

It was completely different to my MEG Abr 2016 Partagas Serie D No.4, which because of its 'toastiness' and pepper/spice prompted me to rest the remainders in the box until the sourdough started to peak through in the blend. This nine-year-old Party D4 was very mild, replete of sourdough, leather and cream and capped off with some black coffee. There was no pepper or spice as such and it satisfied in every way, this is pretty much how I prefer my Partagas cigars. Luckily I have one more from the same box to be thankful for at sometime before or around its tenth birthday!

Thanks for another great insight into an aged CC. This is the one so far in last 2 months that really twisted my head. The PSD4. That sour cream with a touch of fruitiness in the second third that I never experienced before. It just cooled down that spicy first. Amazing. Just a another single out of the store from our host.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, FHFinster said:

Fantastic. Jersey City?

CHICAGO

North Side

??Jersey ??????

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, BoliDan said:

? Are those the ones you picked up in Spain? My God, man. What a monster! What's the smoke time on that? An entire 4 hour baseball game?

Yep from Spain from 2000.

I’m about 75 minutes in and halfway done.

And it is absolutely fantastic! 

EDIT: Total smoking time on the Sanchos was 3 Hours 5 Minutes!

• Thanks 1