• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

02 MC#2. I'm glad I picked these up in June. Well constructed, nice burn. Final third delivered lashings of chocolate and fresh brewed coffee. Lots of rich, soft smoke. Creamy, full bodied finish. Nubbed it. This one was, what more Monte 2's should be.

To celebrate my father's 61st birthday we had a H.Upmann Magnum 50 EL 2005. These are starting to come around and have shown signs of improvement over the course of the last four years. They started off rather strong and untamed with strong undertones of wet earth and rather musky. They have since become smoother and more complex and now offer hints of wood, coffee, and leather. The burn and draw were magnificent. I think these have years ahead of them and I look forward to sampling another next year.

I've never tried these but yesterday procured Partagas Culebras which whilst I am yet to try them, I will be this evening when I have a couple friends drop by for a few drinks. :)

culebras.jpeg

Anyone here tried these and what did you think?

I read some good reviews on these and am informed they were previously machine made but are now hand made.

Smoked a custom roll last night...a Johnny-O Torpedo. Still fresh...after about a month in my desktop humidor, it was still a bit spongy. Decided to give it a go and sparked it up. Draw was just a bit on the tighter side. Tobacco was quite flavorful. Sweet and a bit carmelly like a PLPC, but not quite the same. Not complex, but very smooth. Medium amount of blue smoke produced. Last third began to get a bit bitter. Overall, I really liked it. Looking forward to having a few more.

Currently enjoying a Montecristo D LE 2005

what a magnificent cigar!

From the very start, beautiful sweet chocolate, a little spice but this would be the sweetest cigar I have had the pleasure to smoke. I was expecting the characteristic Monte tang, but its not evident in this one.

I must buy some more!

02 Bolivar CE- strong & earthy, and a 99 Partagas TPC. Bitter like unsweetened chocolate. I really like that taste, but others do not. Whenever I give out one of these TPCs, there's no middle ground. People either love them or hate them.

PSD4. Picked the ugliest one from my NOV08 box. First two thirds were great - slight hint of sweetness coming through, which I've never experienced with this cigar before. Last third was a bit too leathery/mineraly for my tastes. Might need some more time.

'05 CCE have been smoking these all along and have enjoyed them all immensely.

But, for some reason this one fell way short, tight draw, somewhat bitter taste.

I love this cigar. When on it has been everything I want in a cigar.

This one must have been the runt of the litter.

I've been enjoying some good stuff over the weekend...

2005 Bolivar Petit Corona from a cab: really strong and sweet. The finish just went on and on.

1998 Punch Churchill: super smooth and flavorful. These are hitting their sweet spot.

1999 Montecristo Especial No. 1: Just superb. Creamy with some hot cinnamon on the tongue.

2003 Partagas Serie du Conn No. 2: The perfect balance between spice and sweetness.

2007 Hoyo Regalos: These just continue to improve. Rich Hoyo spice and black peppery finish. The PSD4 of Hoyos.

07 Monte 4...delicious, great Monte flavors, consistent from this particular box, 50 minutes

07 RASS...a bit off, raspy, out of balance, need more time, little bit loose, 50 minutes

06 P2...rich, creamy, medium, white ash, 70 minutes of pleasure

07 BRC...dark chocolate, spice, leather, 55 minutes, very nice with great upside

Had a very enjoyable Bolivar Short Bolivar last night, right before the ACC Championship game. I haven't touched these in months, and only have a few left, but this one had very enjoyable hints of sandalwood, spice, and dark roast coffee.

Very Asia Pacifico. :-)

Currently enjoying an early 07 RASS from a sublime cab. This particular cab is EMS and sports those wrappers with tiger stripes. Of all the cabs and boxes of these I have this one is the sweetest smelling and the smokes carry gobs and gobs of the stewed fruit notes with great spice and will be a classic in years to come. Another example of the nose doesn't lie.