Busy with a customer meeting yesterday so no lunch smoke but I did enjoy a wonderful Monte #2 after dinner and now I am enjoying a Punch Punch a/t. It confirms my theory that a/t cigars taste better than the "regular" ones :)

• Replies 72.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lotusguy

• LLC

• Raskol

• maverickdrinker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

From last night. Not Pictured: BRE Connie 1.. Great flavors.  Original Release Picadores: ULE NOV-14..  Flawless  RAT NOV-19 Dip 2. From 24:24 Not as salty as the dark wrappers. 

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Had the first Bolivar CE from my recently acquired box and it was pretty impressive! Still a little rough around the edges and I'm guessing in a year or two three they'll be more evened out, but right now it's pretty tasty already and it hits the spot when you're looking for a strong but not bitter smoke. Taste and construction was amazing, can't wait to follow these while they evolve, I have 4 more left that I can smoke before going back home next summer so that should keep me satisfied for now :)

First ever off the bench cigar today. Was delicious, awesome aroma, full but not over the top, sensational. Rolled in London by Berta Corzo who's over here for a bit

My first Guillermo Leon robusto as I type at a local B&M that I somehow never visited before today. Great lounge and selection. Burning Leaf Tobacco in Plainfield, IL on Rt. 59.

Owner seems like a really cool guy

Yesterday morning with a pot tea a Punch Super Selection #1 from '03. It was great. Slightly tight draw but enough smoke. Lots of leather, dark fruit and "bean" notes coming through. I have three or four of these left, not two cabs like some people I could name. :whistle:

Just had a Trinidad Ingenios EL 2007 with Ferreira LBV 2005 port.

What a great cigar! Very flavorful and complex lonsdale. I bet even Sir Piggy would love these ELs. :lol:

post-7691-0-32946600-1316802127.jpg

Punch Petit Coronations a/t - quite strong and earthy. I liked it!

Not sure yet, what I will have tonight... probably a Wide Churchill.

Well, I went with a LGC Inmensos and what a smoke! Though I usually don't enjoy such big cigars, this one is just perfect in flavor - on the light side of medium bodied with a decidedly sweet and floral flavor but with a noticeable saltiness. Almost as good as my beloved MDO #1 and definitely better than my Tainos. Need to get more!!!

NC day for me for a nice change up.

Oliva Series G Maduro Special G. Great little tiny figurado, deceptively long smoking and satisfying.

Don Lino Afrique Duma - Robusto. Another wonderful smoke and satisfying.

Cheap and good, don't tell anyone!

Just had a Trinidad Ingenios EL 2007 with Ferreira LBV 2005 port.

What a great cigar! Very flavorful and complex lonsdale. I bet even Sir Piggy would love these ELs. :lol:

post-7691-0-32946600-1316802127.jpg

Very cool, hands down, I would love that EL for sure. Drool.

The Monte #4's Rob picks can't be beat. The wrappers on this box are so oily, dark, and sweet, licking my lips taste like I just took a bite out of a chocolate bar. Great selection, Rob :perfect10:

DBone,

Is it a PE or HQ monte 4? box date? Thanks!

Toscano Classico with many coffee's this morning along with a massive hangover :) good cigar!

I recently got several different toscanos but haven't tried any yet. How do you like them?

Samb,

Bundwallah was kind enought to give me a few, they are a very nice mild-medium cigar, really hits the spot in the morning with coffee, good 60+ minute smoke, very enjoyable, one dimentional flavor wise but that one flavor is very enjoyable!

Had an EL monte grand edmundo last night with a bombay saphire martini. Its the second stick i smoked out of the box and was considering buying a couple more boxes, but the first half of it is very bitter and harsh, both cigars have mellowd nicely towards the end, i could understand the reverse hapening i just dont know if they will get any better with age. Let me know.