• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

My father Le bijou 1922 Churchill...meh

Was enjoying a few NCs as a change but I've had enough for a while now

a9a3a0fba96015e4fa87cc2cc7f9d764.jpg

Cigars I've had recently...

1) Cohiba Espléndidos 2003 - 510 Aniversario Humidor (Thanks Trevor)

Of course, there's no way in the world I could sample this cigar without it been gifted by our dear friend, Trevor Leask! Now, in terms of construction, I've had much, much better cigars, yet the simple cream, honey, tobacco, grass and vanilla flavours were exquisite!

attachicon.gif2016-03-16 18.56.03.jpg

2) Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleur LES Sep 2001 (Thanks Duane)

Apparently, Habanos S.A made this cheap-and-cheerful with long-filler leaf in 2002, but no matter, this was sensational! Leather, cream, honey, tobacco, almond and cherry and it did not smoke like a short-filler cigar, as I able to get decent ash lengths. Thank you, Duane!

attachicon.gif2016-03-26 14.53.40.jpg

3) Trinidad Short Robusto T 2010 Limited Edicion BOA Dic 2010 (Thanks Duane)

I know this release was criticised from 'pillar to post' upon release for its relatively short size (at 50 ring gauge x 102 mm, this Del Valle is unique in its dimensions) and price, but I promise you that this was every bit as good as the best Trinidad cigars I've sampled. Coffee, spice, honey, cocoa, nut, tobacco, chocolate and shortbread, if the complexity of Trinidad agrees with your palate, I think you could empathise with how well this smoked. Again, thank you Duane!

attachicon.gif2016-03-28 16.24.15.jpg

4) Partagas Serie D No.6 RAE Dic 2014

I know many of you love the Partagas Serie D No.4, and rightly so, it deserves to be in everyone's humidor. As for me, even though this is 2 sizes smaller at 50 rg x 90 mm, it's such a pleasurable 35 to 40 minute smoke. Leather, tobacco, pepper and a slight cream edge means that for me, this is less full-bodied and peppery than the D4, but every bit as wholesome.

attachicon.gif2016-04-02 14.31.40.jpg

5) Ramon Allones Sur 2014 Libano Regional Edicion (Thanks Alex)

This was gifted to me by Alex Groom when he came up for a Sydney visit in February this year. After acclimatisation in my humidor for a month and a half, this was a nice way to spend a Thursday afternoon while watching the Coen Brothers' "Hail Caesar". How does this compare to standard production Ramon Allones? Simply put, it's classic Ramon Allones with nuts on top! Leather, earth, nut (in abundance), cedar, cherry and stewed fruit. What more can one ask for? Thank you Alex!

attachicon.gif2016-04-15 15.09.31.jpg

6) Cohiba Piramides 2006 Limited Edicion POS Nov 2006 (Thanks Rob)

The Cohiba Piramides 2006 Limited Edicion has standard dimensions at 52 ring gauge x 156 mm in length, In comparison, the regular production Piramides Extra is 54 ring gauge x 160 mm, slightly larger, yet similar in taste profile. Coffee, cream, spice, honey, grass and vanilla, I consider myself lucky to have sampled this. Thank you kindly, Rob!

attachicon.gif2016-04-17 14.38.15.jpg

7) Montecristo Petit Edmundo BUE Oct 2008

The Monte Petit Edmundo is a forum favourite, and so it should be, that cocoa, coffee and tobacco goodness is so enticing. Well, this one aged 7 1/2 years had a little leather and was super-mild and so, so wonderful. Really superlatives cannot describe how much I enjoyed this. Then again, the question you are asking yourself, no doubt, is how exactly did I not smoke this before as one most probably is unable to age these long enough to enjoy them mild! Let me reassure you, I too wouldn't be able to age them, I bought them last year with 6 years on them. Thank GOD I have some left in my humidor to enjoy (somewhere....they are hidden below lots of other cigars!).

attachicon.gif2016-04-15 16.03.54.jpg

Wow u make me drool mate:))

• Like 1

This box is dwindling. I'd love to see these age more but it's hard to leave them alone.

24d1bcd9455127a2b1749eff2401cce7.jpg

Sent from AOL in 1999

• Like 4

RyJ Churchill.

Edit: A hint of cream at first and then nothing, had enough after 90 minutes and put it out of it's misery!

27084653341_b70e1e36ae_b.jpg

• Like 4

Cigars I've had recently...

1) Cohiba Espléndidos 2003 - 510 Aniversario Humidor (Thanks Trevor)

Of course, there's no way in the world I could sample this cigar without it been gifted by our dear friend, Trevor Leask! Now, in terms of construction, I've had much, much better cigars, yet the simple cream, honey, tobacco, grass and vanilla flavours were exquisite!

2016-03-16 18.56.03.jpg

2) Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleur LES Sep 2001 (Thanks Duane)

Apparently, Habanos S.A made this cheap-and-cheerful with long-filler leaf in 2002, but no matter, this was sensational! Leather, cream, honey, tobacco, almond and cherry and it did not smoke like a short-filler cigar, as I able to get decent ash lengths. Thank you, Duane!

2016-03-26 14.53.40.jpg

3) Trinidad Short Robusto T 2010 Limited Edicion BOA Dic 2010 (Thanks Duane)

I know this release was criticised from 'pillar to post' upon release for its relatively short size (at 50 ring gauge x 102 mm, this Del Valle is unique in its dimensions) and price, but I promise you that this was every bit as good as the best Trinidad cigars I've sampled. Coffee, spice, honey, cocoa, nut, tobacco, chocolate and shortbread, if the complexity of Trinidad agrees with your palate, I think you could empathise with how well this smoked. Again, thank you Duane!

2016-03-28 16.24.15.jpg

4) Partagas Serie D No.6 RAE Dic 2014

I know many of you love the Partagas Serie D No.4, and rightly so, it deserves to be in everyone's humidor. As for me, even though this is 2 sizes smaller at 50 rg x 90 mm, it's such a pleasurable 35 to 40 minute smoke. Leather, tobacco, pepper and a slight cream edge means that for me, this is less full-bodied and peppery than the D4, but every bit as wholesome.

2016-04-02 14.31.40.jpg

5) Ramon Allones Sur 2014 Libano Regional Edicion (Thanks Alex)

This was gifted to me by Alex Groom when he came up for a Sydney visit in February this year. After acclimatisation in my humidor for a month and a half, this was a nice way to spend a Thursday afternoon while watching the Coen Brothers' "Hail Caesar". How does this compare to standard production Ramon Allones? Simply put, it's classic Ramon Allones with nuts on top! Leather, earth, nut (in abundance), cedar, cherry and stewed fruit. What more can one ask for? Thank you Alex!

2016-04-15 15.09.31.jpg

6) Cohiba Piramides 2006 Limited Edicion POS Nov 2006 (Thanks Rob)

The Cohiba Piramides 2006 Limited Edicion has standard dimensions at 52 ring gauge x 156 mm in length, In comparison, the regular production Piramides Extra is 54 ring gauge x 160 mm, slightly larger, yet similar in taste profile. Coffee, cream, spice, honey, grass and vanilla, I consider myself lucky to have sampled this. Thank you kindly, Rob!

2016-04-17 14.38.15.jpg

7) Montecristo Petit Edmundo BUE Oct 2008

The Monte Petit Edmundo is a forum favourite, and so it should be, that cocoa, coffee and tobacco goodness is so enticing. Well, this one aged 7 1/2 years had a little leather and was super-mild and so, so wonderful. Really superlatives cannot describe how much I enjoyed this. Then again, the question you are asking yourself, no doubt, is how exactly did I not smoke this before as one most probably is unable to age these long enough to enjoy them mild! Let me reassure you, I too wouldn't be able to age them, I bought them last year with 6 years on them. Thank GOD I have some left in my humidor to enjoy (somewhere....they are hidden below lots of other cigars!).

2016-04-15 16.03.54.jpg

That line up is unbelievable ...

Saturday morning with an Americano and an HDM Epi de Luxe. Has been my favorite Saturday morning cigar since having one in the morning in Havana with an Americano at the Hotel National a few trips ago.

40c61bce1872b128aca715dc3cca5787.jpg

• Like 3

Fairly one-dimensional, though same DNA as the Selectos Finos. Great cigar but I was expecting more. I'll have to sample a few from other boxes.

c7be4ec6777eceeafa8c54116b1d66d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Had work to do yesterday and today so short smokes.

- '13 du Prince (creamy )

- '14 PCE ( fantastic small format Party )

- '13 RASCC ( classic )

post-28697-0-54446600-1463871756_thumb.j

post-28697-0-82040700-1463871771_thumb.j

• Like 3