• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Enjoying an amazing monte 3 this morning.  Burn is perfect. It's amazing.  If every cigar was like this I would be incredibly happy.  Unfortunately this isn't typical for me lately.  

Cigars I've had recently...

1) Montecristo No.1 (Thanks Nick)

Here's proof that cigars are quite robust, and a quality cigar that's constructed well can still turn out to be a good smoke. I rated this very highly, with a typical Montecristo profile of Leather, Coffee, Wood, Cocoa and Tobacco, yet all the flavours were smooth and subtle. Gifted by my brother-in-law, these were purchased duty-free by my other brother-in-law, George and kept in less than ideal conditions in his humidor (too dry). With love and patience, these were restored slowly and this one turned out to be a fine cigar!

2016-04-17 15.21.47.jpg

2) Cuaba Distinguidos EML Mar 2014

This was my 4th from a box of 10. Unfortunately, for me, this rated only average on account of the fact that the nut, citrus, pepper flavours were muted and the shortbread and tobacco were more dominant. Alas, the other four from the box were eagerly enjoyed and so I've put away the other 5 for a long-term rest. (Indeed, I've just consulted my Cuban Cigar Website Smoking Diary and noted that my 5th was rated 'outstanding'.)

2016-05-09 10.05.24.jpg

3) Montecristo Habanos Anejados Churchill LSM Feb 2008

When I got these a 'year and a bit' ago, I found that the first one or two I had weren't too far removed from a Montecristo No.1 profile. However, as I've smoked a few more since then, I've found that, on the whole, they've been a lot fuller than I expected, closer in profile to a Ramon Allones Gigantes. Still, I didn't mind the leather, coffee, cocoa, nut and tobacco combination on offer here, and one thing I can say about these Montecristo Anejados cigars is that they've all had excellent construction.

2016-05-09 11.57.16.jpg

4) Bolivar Tubos No.1 ULA Mar 2015

Last year, I was fortunate enough to sample this cigar from El Presidente himself, and boy did I enjoy the marzipan and floral notes! This wasn't quite up to that standard, but the leather, Earth, coffee, cocoa and tobacco profile was a nice 'change-of-pace'. I don't gravitate towards 'Earthy' cigars, but this was more on the 'mild' side for Bolivar, and so was agreeable to my palate.

20160513_201127.jpg

5) Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial (Thanks Geoff)

When it comes to Hoyo de Monterrey, I really like the creaminess one associates with the aged Le Hoyo line. This Epicure Especial had your standard Hoyo de Monterrey wood, spice, tobacco, cedar and vanilla, and surprisingly was a touch over medium. I would have preferred it milder. If I were to have it again, I would let it rest longer to enjoy its nuances. Still, I'm thankful to you, Geoff for allowing me to sample this cigar.

2016-06-01 19.46.08.jpg

6) H.Upmann Petit Corona ROA Ago 2006

Well, well, well...these have been a sensation. The first one I had from this box split was medium in strength and peppery, the rest have been milder, creamier and pleasant in shortbread and that 'Upmann' aged tobacco we all know and love (together with hints of coffee and cedar). I have seven left, but I don't plan to rest them!

2016-06-01 20.51.14.jpg

7) H.Upmann Magnum 50 AGU Dic 2008 (Thanks John and Jimmy)

I've had two gifted H.Upmann Magnum 50's gifted to me this year and I found that I enjoyed them within weeks of each other. They were both very similar, medium to medium-full with dominant leather and coffee, together with wood, hints of spice, tobacco and shortbread. Thank you kindly John and Jimmy (n.b, Jimmy's cigar had the box code, I would guess that John's was also aged, possibly 3-5 years minimum)!

2016-06-01 21.33.40.jpg

8) Montecristo No.2 OPG Jun 2015

When you can get onto a 'seam' of quality Montecristo No.2's (or 4's) you truly marvel at how good these can be. I've had a frustrating run with consistency with Monte 2's in the past year, but thankfully I've been able to get a hold of these beauties. Cocoa predominantly, with coffee, nut and tobacco in flavour, I've quickly consumed 5 from a 10-count box, and have decided to rest the remaining for a little while.

2016-06-08 14.31.50.jpg

• Like 4

RyJ Ex 4 and HURR for this holiday weekend. Happy 4th!

3803b783461cec4a0b9515e8b01bb60d.jpg

4052264caef2b7ed6c9d2b334b4eaee6.jpg

Sent from AOL in 1999

• Like 1

At lake all weekend but remembered to snap a few pics.

14 BCJ

14 Monte No. 1

14 HU MAG 46

20160703_120626.jpg

20160702_134321.jpg

20160704_145229.jpg

• Like 4

Hope everyone had a great 4th with family and fiends. I enjoyed mine with an excellent Diplomaticos 2...lovely notes of wood, sweet spice and cream...e9d72b2c05356e6dfb230eb29780094d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

RyJ Cazador (SOA SEP07) to celebrate the 4th. These have aged nicely. Still potent, but tamed a bit. Very enjoyable.