• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Decided on a CoH Custom Dalia from the forst vitola range release a few yrs ago. As a Lonsdale/Dalia lover I bought a bundle, smoked one, bought two more bundles the next week. Took a few down to the 'new' Czar deck not too long after I purchased them early on a classic 'Friday afternoon smoke on the deck' (if you've been there, you need to get to the deck early before the craziness ensues, always a great time). They were VERY strong buggers, not tannic but strong. Leather, earth, a bit of white pepper(?). Most comments were  that it tasted like Partagas leaf, strength like 'old school' Havanas. Tried a couple more and left them alone.

Fast forward to today.... strength still in abundance, but they have become really smooth, beautiful construction (one of my main kudos aboit he CoH Customs has been consistency of construction, and almost flawless draw EVERY time, bar none). Still has the leather, earth, some barnyard, and good quality tobacco.

Has anyone else tried these? Would be so keen to get another opinion on how they're going. Imho, they still have 10yrs before they really settle. Again, just my opinion.

I haven't really smoked the 'old school' Havana's that our more esteemed botl's reminisce about, maybe these are similar. Glad I left these Dalias alone.

Can't wait to revisit the Minuto, PC, Corona Gorda, Piramide and Sublimes I've stashed. You could say I saw potential in these...

WIN_20160710_173930.JPG

Was curious about these. So they're 100% Cuban? Thanks in advance

14 hours ago, Bster said:

...What an absolute joy! The slight resistance still present was no real challenge, and over time both cigars opened up perfectly. Milder start, slow build, amazingly defined flavour changes, aged nuances in the background. Retrohale in the first third was like fennel seed, anise just on the edge, so smooth. The changes were subtle, then easily defined. Strength increased progressively in a perfect line. Both cigars were nubbed, easily 90mins of absolute bliss. My friend commented that it was almost a Regio moving into a Serie A towards the end. Strength was never too much towards the finish. We both sat in silence for about 30mins after with broad smiles on our faces. An epiphany cigar in it's own right. A complete 360 turn around. Will be a challenge to put these away. An easy 95/100. Thanks for reading.

WIN_20160708_214231.JPG

^This, absolutely this ^

The beauty of a great Lonsdale.

• Like 2

Not a current smoke, but went back to my files in a response to Bster...

From a PUL 1999 box. Look at those brick-red wrappers! Not "colorado", not "rosado" this is "rojo". Smoking as good as was looking, profile as perfectly described by Bster, overlaid perhaps with a sort of almond-nuttiness.

SLRL_1.JPG

• Like 3

Dip 2 and a Cuban coffee. Lots of sweet and woodsy notes.

955a436aed4a2e9fe511f934b6f7457a.jpg

Sent from AOL in 1999

• Like 3