• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

16 hours ago, schubb said:

Amazing VR Unico from a PSP box, quickly becoming a favorite!

0727161928a.jpg

May I ask how long you let the VR Unico rest?

5 hours ago, trike said:

May I ask how long you let the VR Unico rest?

They arrived end of March, MEG SEP 15 box code. I gave them 30 days down then jumped in. Good now, will probably be even better with a little more rest.

56 minutes ago, Fugu said:

Mind briefly giving us your impressions of how they are smoking atm, planetary?

I have to bracket my remarks by saying that the pairing I chose proved too aggressive for the cigar.  I love Russian River's Damnation, which is a Belgian Golden Ale, but it was capable of overwhelming the cigar if I wasn't careful.  And because the weather was hot, I often threw caution to the winds and drank up, and let the cigar take a back seat for periods of time.

That said, I think they're smoking well, better than last year.  Felt more settled, maintaining dense smoke and rich flavors, though slightly reduced in body (still above medium, though).  Nic hit still well above average for a Habanos cigar.  For those who have a box, I'd recommend dipping in and taking a sample.

• Like 3