FOH'ers Daily Smoke

'08 Cohiba CE. Surprised at the pepper that arose and fell during the middle - much more than I'm used to for a Cohiba. Now it keeps changing with every puff as I finish it out. Christmas cake, orange with cocoa, slight dulce de Leche and espresso. Not my favorite Cohiba, but shows legs to continue to develop into something amazing.

P.S.: The band on this excellent cigar? All of the letters of 'COHIBA' aren't raised evenly. The black ink bled a little and all of the white squares aren't perfectly, well, square. The paper was cut such that the lines of squares aren't perfectly parallel to the long edge of the band.

Why do I bring this up? Because I am confident of the provenance of these cigars (personal trade) and if they're fake, I'd hate to try a real CCE, because this was outstanding. I see a lot of newbies post suspected fakes based upon how the band looks. While HSA has made strides in standardizing band printing and designed more intricacies for most brand labels, the alignment of the band and how it looks are actually very poor indicators of authenticity, especially for something of this age or older. The only true test is the level of enjoyment - if it's excellent, it's probably a legit HSA product.

• Like 1

• Replies 87.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

A beautiful night in the upper Midwest and enjoying a great Monte 2 along with a nice bourbon while listening to Tom Jobim...life is good da2a10a711d476136909cf4b6b451caf.jpgcf3e9910885e2d9c04203bed6d0202b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

14 hours ago, planetary said:

That said, I think they're smoking well, better than last year.  Felt more settled, maintaining dense smoke and rich flavors, though slightly reduced in body (still above medium, though).  Nic hit still well above average for a Habanos cigar.  For those who have a box, I'd recommend dipping in and taking a sample.

Many thanks planetary! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Is it cheating if I report what I had yesterday?

I had an Aging Room Quattro F55: The first few sticks I'd tried had burn issues, but this one was pretty flawless. The highlight of these is the 16 year old Sumatra (actually from Sumatra, not Ecuador) wrapper. Really a fine example of the best that wrapper leaf offers. Has a very nice, peppery smoothness. Lots of flavor

Later, I had a San Lotano Maduro: These are quite good. Really awesome San Andres wrapper. Fairly typical Nicaraguan earthiness and spice. Extreme box press, which I like sometimes. Probably could have used a little dry box time, but can't complain. Just well done, all around.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aardwolf said:

RP Royale corona:

063713030526c3c00aace02830743ae1.jpg

how are these? I'm not a huge fan of most rockys, with exception to the new 20th. They have been smoking so well that I've been curious about other new releases.

1 hour ago, noreaster said:

Celebrating another Friday(and birthday weekend) with a personal "white whale"...

IMAG0235.jpg

Is this a custom roll? Never heard of this. Someone learn me somthin' :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ethosan said:

how are these? I'm not a huge fan of most rockys, with exception to the new 20th. They have been smoking so well that I've been curious about other new releases.

One of like three RP's I'll smoke, but the 20th's are definitely better.

1 hour ago, Cep said:

whats with the knives that I keep seeing?   Is that what you are using as a cutter?

In a pinch, but generally no.  If they're offensive, I'll stop putting them in the pics :blush:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ethosan said:

Is this a custom roll? Never heard of this. Someone learn me somthin' :D

Regional Editions for Mexico from a few years back.  They created the brand for those releases.

Customs don't typically come with bands.

• Like 1