• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

eb9cd86bbf011eb540b9f61515e6dcbe.jpg

PSP Hoyo du Prince from our hosts! Been sitting about a month and I love them! I see some more petit coronas being bought in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, achiappetti said:

eb9cd86bbf011eb540b9f61515e6dcbe.jpg

PSP Hoyo du Prince from our hosts! Been sitting about a month and I love them! I see some more petit coronas being bought in the near future.

What flavors did you get out of it?

Sancho Panza Non Plus (April '13) whist getting ready for the next stage of Project Garden. Lovely, smooth but with a nice bit of bite. 8e189a5f1590e78ba776287a42f1d1c1.jpg

• Like 3

SLR Series A from 2000 that I picked up at James J Fox the other day. It was an outstanding smoke from a flavor perspective, but the construction wasn't that great. The wrapper started coming off during the first third. I have my sticks at 62% RH, so it wasn't a humidity issue.

SLRA.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jschrader510 said:

SLR Series A from 2000 that I picked up at James J Fox the other day. It was an outstanding smoke from a flavor perspective, but the construction wasn't that great. The wrapper started coming off during the first third. I have my sticks at 62% RH, so it wasn't a humidity issue.

SLRA.jpg

I had that happen the other day while smoking a Cohiba 1966 EL 2011. Luckily it was only on the final third so it didn't impact much. Just as in your case, I will suggest that it was somewhat of a fluke as I had not had any problems with other cigars from the box

c34642ea5cf22dc59054a8911ddaedcf.jpg

Picked up this new Trinidad Topes while visiting Toronto for the first time and it just looks & smells gorgeous. It survived the trip only because it was windy as hell and LCDH there doesn't allow smoking in their shop, much to my surprise! So will contemplate bringing with me to Quebec City next weekend to try at Bar Société Cigare (really looking forward to this trip).

b2607968454528bd08b6f7bbbdb3a8fc.jpg

While I couldn't smoke I was able to flip through their copy of "An Illustrated Encyclopedia of Post-Revolution Havana Cigars" and enjoy an espresso with my wife.

be7edee0fb5f5ed1b04f71c11159ccbb.jpg

325ef4ebe157c6cc1a24680e5d72adec.jpg
031e10a6e8e2fe4b070a716a8e4fab6c.jpg
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm excited about these. Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

Sitting out in the garden, by the fire and listening to and watching the Diwali (Hindu festival of light) fireworks with a Davidoff Escurio Gran Toro. Typically Davidoff - well made, nice subtle flavours but with an added hit of chocolate and a hint of chili. Lovely cigar.5a4346c89ea9bf8db3b3adad566ea3bc.jpg

• Like 1

From my new clearance box SOM Mar 16. I know I should let it rest but it's sooo hard,and it's mine...so there. ? Actually I should have. Tough draw and needs to come down in humidity. If after all that it was still a good stick then boy o boy...I can't wait. I have some E2  on the way and will buy another box of these D4 and a box of D5 when they come up.

Edit: okay finished...it needs more time. Good start, young mongrel...then there was 5-10 minutes in the middle that was "ahhaaa" it was there...then ammonia in the last 1/3rd. These will be great when they mature.

F11B96E0-7DCC-46BD-9D33-F60A650995BA.jpg

• Like 3