• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

e85ad54c17cfac71e8a015c4a2c2d406.jpg
Was given one of these golden Davidoffs the other day. Smokes very well, not as mild as much of their other stuff. Probably not worth whatever they cost but still not a bad cigar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, boilers183 said:

Another Johnny-O?

Yep. im letting most of my CC chill for a while. I have a box of 2014 PunchPunch that Im about to destroy when they settle for a few weeks. The others though, are so new and while I do enjoy them I can help but think they will get better with time. These...the Johnnys are nice now while fresh and cheap, considering. So...Im blazing them up.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jimmy_jack said:

Yep. im letting most of my CC chill for a while. I have a box of 2014 PunchPunch that Im about to destroy when they settle for a few weeks. The others though, are so new and while I do enjoy them I can help but think they will get better with time. These...the Johnnys are nice now while fresh and cheap, considering. So...Im blazing them up.

How did you like it? I got a bundle and have smoke about 10 of them. I have loved them all. By far my favorite vitola from him 

@boilers183 it was great, honestly. I lit it right out of the mail, could have used a day or two in the dry box. Very aromatic smoke coming off, great flavors and burn. Nothing to dislike honestly and I think they will age well. I plan to buy a bundle. I am not a fan of the flying pigs/solomons but the regular styles, corona/robustos/lancero are a win. 

On 2/5/2016 at 8:08 AM, Goose said:

Edmundo with a murakami. Giving him a second try after mixed feelings reading 1Q84.

post-28557-0-10466100-1454681275_thumb.j

Please tell me that 1Q84 gets better.  I am about 25% and it is dragging for me.  I started it at the recommendation of some people on this site.

1 hour ago, Jimmy_jack said:

@boilers183 it was great, honestly. I lit it right out of the mail, could have used a day or two in the dry box. Very aromatic smoke coming off, great flavors and burn. Nothing to dislike honestly and I think they will age well. I plan to buy a bundle. I am not a fan of the flying pigs/solomons but the regular styles, corona/robustos/lancero are a win. 

Completely agree. I've found them surprisingly consistent for customs, but I stay away from certain blends as well. When they are good, it's hard to beat their value/price. 

• Like 1

RA Gorditos and an 08 Punch PC.  Or is it a del Punch?  Tasty whichever the case... :)

IMG_20170412_175108494.jpg

IMG_20170412_194504258.jpg

• Like 4

Tampa Sweethearts No 280.  Picked this up in Ybor in January.  The TS line is all rolled by Fuente's apprentice rollers. If you fall in love with a vitola and they aren't training a new apprentice, you're not getting them!!   It's a first for me....   I'll see how it goes. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brschoppe said:

Please tell me that 1Q84 gets better.  I am about 25% and it is dragging for me.  I started it at the recommendation of some people on this site.

@brschoppe Murakami is the master of the slow burn. So it does tend to drag, however, i enjoyed the character development he does as the book goes on, The leader, the widow, and the detective are all fantastic characters  - It's one of those books where you have to stop after a while and try to understand what the writer is trying to do, it is not always obvious, and sometimes never, half the story lies in the symbolism which only Murakami or maybe Japanese people may get (just a thought, not sure if true) - but you enjoy the experience. It's kind of hard to explain.