• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

On 4/16/2017 at 0:25 AM, boilers183 said:

How does necron99 compare to zombie dust?

It's much different. The Necron99 is fruity (tropical?), sweet, and not very complex. ZD on the other hand is bitter, hoppy, and has more of a citrus fruit taste. The label on Necron99 says "Scorch-style ale" so I was expecting a malty scotch style ale. What a surprise to taste a west coast ipa style instead.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, encephalization said:

Last night, Year of the Rooster. Thought it was fitting for the last eve of Easter (well, I guess we still are in Easter technically).

Today I start out with the SLR Tesoros, RE Spain 2016. Going to hold judgement on these, I think these might do well a few years from now. Maybe.f0dd619826d230b371900b0d593d5af3.jpg7cdf3eaa9ab46bf4418ba7f255bd025d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

What were your thoughts on the Rooster? I had one a week or so ago and thought it had a few nice nuances to it along the way but wasn't floored. Always interested to hear the opinions of CC smokers on these potentially more nuanced NC cigars. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, El Hoze said:

What were your thoughts on the Rooster? I had one a week or so ago and thought it had a few nice nuances to it along the way but wasn't floored. Always interested to hear the opinions of CC smokers on these potentially more nuanced NC cigars. 

To start off, the Rooster had one of the worst pre-light draws in terms of taste that I've ever experienced. Truly disgusting. However, it was not a bad cigar once lit up. Like you say, it is the subtly nuances. I have smoked a few of the previous Zodiac releases and I think the Sheep was more impressive to me. Davidoff is obviously not great value for money but if you haven't tried it, I can warmly recommend the Yamasa line. Bolder than the Davidoff-lightness, very well balanced.

8 hours ago, weirdneighbor said:

It's much different. The Necron99 is fruity (tropical?), sweet, and not very complex. ZD on the other hand is bitter, hoppy, and has more of a citrus fruit taste. The label on Necron99 says "Scorch-style ale" so I was expecting a malty scotch style ale. What a surprise to taste a west coast ipa style instead.

Thanks! It doesn't sound like something I would normally try, but I haven't had any FFF that I haven't enjoyed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, encephalization said:

To start off, the Rooster had one of the worst pre-light draws in terms of taste that I've ever experienced. Truly disgusting. However, it was not a bad cigar once lit up. Like you say, it is the subtly nuances. I have smoked a few of the previous Zodiac releases and I think the Sheep was more impressive to me. Davidoff is obviously not great value for money but if you haven't tried it, I can warmly recommend the Yamasa line. Bolder than the Davidoff-lightness, very well balanced.

I really don't like the foot also on that perfecto at all. Did not have the Sheep but had the Monkey, which I thought was OK - better than the Rooster. Agreed, for the price I paid for the Rooster I could have bought nearly any cigar short of a Grand Reserva. Nowhere near a good value but fun to try. Funny I tried the Yamasa the same day I tried the Rooster (got caught without cigars on a surprisingly gorgeous day in Chicago and was desperate). I thought it was OK but to be fair smoked it after the Rooster in a stiff breeze, will have to try another! 

Easter Sunday smokes. First pic is a Cohiba PE I bought from a store here in Melbourne. No band coz the original band was covered with an ugly green band coz of the laws here. I've had it for over a year and thought I'd smoke it on Easter. Was very disappointed. Must've been a big dud. Luckily i had a nice reliable Partagas Shorts :2thumbs:

2017-04-18 21.27.45.jpg

2017-04-18 21.28.13.jpg

• Like 3