• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Guest Nekhyludov

LUB MAY 14 HUp2. Still waiting for these to come around. Right now, the aroma is there, but the flavors are just flat. 

20170512_221107.thumb.jpg.bf71c4e35bc0217cbcd948847f08338e.jpg

Most folks would say, to pull the first cigar out more easily, I'd say, to get the last cigar in without wrapper damage.

My understanding is they wrap the bundle of cigars in the cedar and then out the whole thing in the jar. As you suggest putting the cigars in one by one would be very hard, even if they wrap the last one. It would be next to impossible t get the first cigar out of it wasn't wrapped.

The last jar I brought back from Havana I took the cigars out of the jar to freeze and then when done wrapped them back in the cedar a slid the whole thing back in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, LLC said:

My understanding is they wrap the bundle of cigars in the cedar and then out the whole thing in the jar. As you suggest putting the cigars in one by one would be very hard, even if they wrap the last one. It would be next to impossible t get the first cigar out of it wasn't wrapped.

The last jar I brought back from Havana I took the cigars out of the jar to freeze and then when done wrapped them back in the cedar a slid the whole thing back in.

True, can be the case and I actually have never seen how they do it. But most jars come without cedar, some have been bundled by a ribbon (e.g. the Mag 46 jar - those will have certainly be slipped in as full bundle). There are other jars, where the bundle of sticks is twisted when in place, due to the shape of the jar, without ribbon, without cedar. The only way I see packing in those is in portions with slipping the last one in place. Anyways, the paper is surely serving both purposes.

True, can be the case and I actually have never seen how they do it. But most jars come without cedar, some have been bundled by a ribbon (e.g. the Mag 46 jar - those will have certainly be slipped in as full bundle). There are other jars, where the bundle of sticks is twisted when in place, due to the shape of the jar, without ribbon, without cedar. The only way I see packing in those is in portions with slipping the last one in place. Anyways, the paper is surely serving both purposes.

I've only ever done it with noella's which have the cedar. Wish I had some more jars . I agree it can serve both purposes.

• Like 1