• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

14 hours ago, havanaclub said:

Very nice. Hey, what hospital are you at where you can smoke? Hope you are doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Hospital is really nice and the surrounding is just awesome. It's close to Zürich.

IMG_2267.JPG

Enjoying the hot New England weather with a HDM petit robusto from a recent split, spectacular drawn and burn, white flakey ash, flavors are somewhat floral and light, might need a little more time down to really develop but I do see that sweetness everyone is talking about. This was a great pick up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Guest robitowitz
5 hours ago, Aardwolf said:

Bolivar Petit Corona (ETP January 16):
c28605817a51e72e5e987ee5e48dc72a.jpg
8354197d4d75596c5e889db26133f1d3.jpg

Those are some photos!  I have a few boxes with the same code...but those photos make me wish I had picked up a few more on the recent 24:24

8 hours ago, JohnS said:

Cigars I've had lately...

1. El Rey Del Mundo Demi Tasse (thanks @Luca)

We had a Sydney catch-up Cigar Get Together and Luca graciously offered me this cigar to try. I must admit that I had tried it before, but that one seemed a bit 'rustic' or plain, you know, a tad youthful. This was sensational though, shortbread, 'citrusy' (like fruit) and floral, I was so enamored with this cigar when I visited my brother-in-law down the coast that I regret that I didn't have another. I rectified this by ordering a box soon after!

2. Hoyo de Monterrey Petit Robusto (thanks @Luca)

Again, another cigar offered to me to try from Luca, and likewise, another vitola I hadn't tried before. Upon smoking, I was surprised at how fuller-bodied in comparison to other Hoyo de Monterrey cigars this was. Also, it had a dominant cocoa flavour which put any other cedar/wood and cream flavours in the background. The best way to describe this, in my opinion, is that this vitola is the Montecristo Petit Edmundo equivalent petit robusto within the Hoyo de Monterrey marca. If you are looking for a stronger Hoyo de Monterrey experience lasting 45 to 50 minutes in smoking time, I'd say, go for this!

3. Cuaba Divinos TOS Mar 2016

The last of a split I did with this box last year, it was sad to say goodbye to this. I picked this up from a 24:24 sale, and this is important as these are prone to tight draws if not carefully selected. This was certainly not the case with this split, these cigars offered a nice intense shortbread, toasted tobacco and nut hit in half an hour. Perhaps I'll re-visit them once my current infatuation with El Rey del Mundo Demi Tasses subsides!

4. Montecristo No.2 OPG Jun 2015

I apologise in advance but I just can't help waxing lyrical about how fantastic this box has been. I picked it up awhile back...a humble, non-descript 'Hand Picked' selection from El Pres form 24:24, a box of 10 Monte No.2's that just serenely tempted me into purchasing them. Now I'm left with but one! They've all had those wonderful Montecristo flavours you know and love...cocoa, coffee, cream, sometimes nut, sometimes leather depending on how intense each cigar was. I think the next time El Pres puts up on of those 'name that box you don't want to end' threads I'll offer this one up.

5. San Cristobal de La Habana El Principe EML Abr 2015

EML '15 San Cristobal de La Habana El Principes were hot weren't they? Alas, I think I'm down to 3. Sure, I have another box lined up, but for me, these just go so quickly. I know what to expect from them...cocoa, molasses, coffee, sometimes a hint of spice, they just satisfy. Hence, why I think these are a forum favourite.

6. Montecristo Tubos PMU Sep 2014

I've smoked 4 of these from a box of 10 and overall I've found them a little 'strong' in flavour profile for my liking. I guess I just prefer my Montecristo less fuller, except Montecristo No.5's where I quite enjoy their more flavoursome qualities. So, I've decided to let these rest and sleep for awhile. If you don't mind the classic Montecristo flavours, alas with a little toasted tobacco or wood in profile at times, this may be for you.

7. Partagas Serie D No.4 MEG Abr 2016

I continue to try to sample these 'younger' but I still find that I prefer them with at least 5 years of age on them when I look for that creamy texture to come out to the fore. If you love full-bodied cigars that are a little earthy, toasted tobacco, leather, sourdough and has pepper through the nose, then this cigar is definitely for you. And not just you, it seems many of you quite love this because this is now the number one selling vitola for Habanos S.A. When this Robusto was first produced in the 1960s Simon Chase remarked in an interview that they barely registered of sold amongst aficionados. My how times have changed!

8. Cohiba Siglo I '06 (thanks Trevor)

I must thank you again Trevor for allowing me to sample a 10 year-old Cohiba Siglo. This was definitely more towards medium-bodied than other aged Siglos I've sampled. The grass/hay, honey and creamy texture was there, plus a mix of mild mocha core throughout. Smoking this reinforced how I need to let my Siglo I's and II's rest to allow the flavours to develop to my personal liking.

Beautiful pics @JohnS!!! Glad you enjoyed the Demi Tasse :) Thank you for the El Principe. It has great coffee and nutty flavors to it!! I still have the MC Tubo which I will smoke next month.

• Like 1