• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Checked in on the RA 898 Alemania RE. Simply outstanding, though obviously blended to be aged long-term. A much heavier, cocoa/cacao-laden expression of the RA profile. Would love to see these become regular production.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sengjc said:

Tatuaje Black Label.

99ebd72b35ed2fc9ce9098fb5fdfd767.jpg

The last of the Black Labels that I have, these came in those black torpedo tubes.

350eb3059dffa6f77c186dd1f2607353.jpg

They just don't make non-Cubans like they used to.

I hear you mate and for me these were hands down the best Tatuaje Black Label release period. These were all gone as soon as they hit the shelves in most places. I searched far and wide to score a box or two of these ten count en-tubo beauties, but to no avail. Sounds like these aged well also. They sure don't make NCs like that anymore. Wishing you Long Ashes.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Fugu said:

Yup, what I thought. But banded ones sold openly and "officially" as farm rolls at the Robaina farm?!! They wouldn't risk it, would they?

Again I bought these personally from the farm myself. They were marketed "officially" as Familiars and I bought them anyway.  At $4USD a stick and the points I mentioned what would you guys call them? 

It's hard to believe no one else here that went to Finca Robiana around Dec 16 and can't back that labeled cigars were there for purchase unless they bought unlabeled Cohiba BHK 56. 

20161209_133352.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, saintsmokealot said:

Again I bought these personally from the farm myself. They were marketed "officially" as Familiars and I bought them anyway.  At $4USD a stick and the points I mentioned what would you guys call them? 

It's hard to believe no one else here that went to Finca Robiana around Dec 16 and can't back that labeled cigars were there for purchase unless they bought unlabeled Cohiba BHK 56.

No, it is not that I wouldn't believe what you say, certainly not (with "they wouldn't risk it" I was referring to Brandon's alluding to counterfeiters).

But it is truly new for me to learn that original bands obviously leave the fabrica through official and approved channels to be put on farm rolls out there. Such a routine of course opens the door wide for illicit production. But perhaps it is an exception and a special agreement with the Robaina family, who knows. Other members perhaps with more insight here?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fugu said:

No, it is not that I wouldn't believe what you say, certainly not (with "they wouldn't risk it" I was referring to Brandon's alluding to counterfeiters).

But it is truly new for me to learn that original bands obviously leave the fabrica through official and approved channels to be put on farm rolls out there. Such a routine of course opens the door wide for illicit production. But perhaps it is an exception and a special agreement with the Robaina family, who knows. Other members perhaps with more insight here?

Truthfully I knowingly bought a counterfeit (I knew it wasn't a Familiar) but I bought it from the farm the tobacco was grown and rolled at and not from behind the old Partagas factory. Perhaps their motives is they will sell more this way. While I was there other tourist (obviously non-smokers) were buying the cigars like they were at an official LCDH. 

As for it being "official and approved" to have these labels on farm rolls I highly doubt it. Entire boxes of fakes can be had by counterfeiters so cigar labels that found their way to a farm are not that extraordinary. Hopefully someone else with more knowledge can shed some light. Either way the Robianas surely get presidential treatment in comparison to other farmers or should I say citizens. 

• Like 2

Unless something has changed, my understanding is that the Vegas Robaina brand has never used any tobacco actually sourced from the Robaina farm, so a farm roll at the Robaina farm with a VR band, being sold as a "VR Familiar" sounds quite questionable to me, too.

Note, as well, the gold embossed "1845" statement is missing beneath the "R" on that band.

Somebody, call Hirochi.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Doctorossi said:

Unless something has changed, my understanding is that the Vegas Robaina brand has never used any tobacco actually sourced from the Robaina farm, so a farm roll at the Robaina farm with a VR band, being sold as a "VR Familiar" sounds quite questionable to me, too.

Note, as well, the gold embossed "1845" statement is missing beneath the "R" on that band.

Somebody, call Hirochi

As I mentioned when I purchased it I knew it was not a Familiar which is why I claimed it as a farm roll. I can't believe their is so much controversy around a $4 farm roll and not a double banded jaw breaker.

I actually met Hirochi and his father that day but for some reason I didn't bring that up in conversation. Not surprisingly the tour guide said VR cigars are the only cigars that all the tobacco comes from their farm. At Prietos farm they will tell you the truth and no farmer knows what cigars their tobacco is used for.

• Like 2