• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Just now, Doctorossi said:

I have some '09s, too. Do you think they're primo right now or should I keep letting them slumber?

HHHmm  depends , i'm just in the middle of doing a review now.

I would say they're in the zone. At the 5 inch mark they still have oodles of power (body wise).   But all the peaches & cream/macadamia, french white butter, was in the 1st  3 inches.   It had me a bit confused as what to do. The first two I've had out the box were a bit one dimensional, with little of the hallmark flavours. 

I would say if you have a 50 count, tuck in, you cant loose. If you only have a few singles, and they are very well kept, I would say maybe 1 more year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 99call said:

HHHmm  depends , i'm just in the middle of doing a review now.

I would say they're in the zone. At the 5 inch mark they still have oodles of power (body wise).   But all the peaches & cream/macadamia, french white butter, was in the 1st  3 inches.   It had me a bit confused as what to do. The first two I've had out the box were a bit one dimensional, with little of the hallmark flavours. 

I would say if you have a 50 count, tuck in, you cant loose. If you only have a few singles, and they are very well kept, I would say maybe 1 more year.

Thank you so much! Your description of the one-dimensional first couple you had matches my experience with my '07s. They smell like the most heavenly, powerful honeysuckle thicket growing in a barnyard, so much that you anticipate the most flavorful cigar you've ever tasted. And then, when you actually do taste them... they're just closed down and unwilling to reveal themselves.

I only have a handful of the '09s, so I think I'll take your advice and give them a little longer.

5 minutes ago, Doctorossi said:

Thank you so much! Your description of the one-dimensional first couple you had matches my experience with my '07s. They smell like the most heavenly, powerful honeysuckle thicket growing in a barnyard, so much that you anticipate the most flavorful cigar you've ever tasted. And then, when you actually do taste them... they're just closed down and unwilling to reveal themselves.

I only have a handful of the '09s, so I think I'll take your advice and give them a little longer.

Hmmmm?  I would be more convinced that it's hit and miss, as opposed to thinking they were closed. In this one, thats just smoked well. The aromatic part of the blend was doing it's job, and the power part of the blend in the final 4 inches was at the right level.  On that basis, I would say the 1st two were duders,

For me the question is. The power may have another 8yrs,,, but does the aromatic tobacco?  Im not a believer in all parts of the blend getting sweeter and more floral.  To me, the 1st three inches couldn't get better. Thats the part of the cigar I wouldn't want to drop off

• Like 1

First poor Winnie I've had. 2011..may be a potential storage problem. I knew this when I picked them up super cheap though. Possibly bad time in its development-fingers crossed. Very mild with an unpleasant bitterness. Burn was good though. ebe73fa95cbfacd1461279a2b6ee4145.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mgcrunch said:

Any Rick and Morty fans?

Also, Mikkeller and Goldie 

IMG_20170824_221141_538.jpg

My lady is slowly winning me over with Rick&Morty, it was too nonsense at first but I'm coming around. Love me some goldies though :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ethosan said:

My lady is slowly winning me over with Rick&Morty, it was too nonsense at first but I'm coming around. Love me some goldies though :D

I typically hate cartoons. But I think the show is brilliant. 

I found this video insightful: 

• Like 2