What'd you think? I thought the first inch was wonderful, then it kind of went to sleep on me flavor-wise until the last 3rd. The last 3rd was also very strong. I love the Sobremesa, but didn't think this was as good.

Same here. Strong nic puro which overwhelms palette muting the 2nd 3rd until a strong nicotine finish took over. Gonna let them sit for a awhile then reevaluate.

I’ve found a years rest does many a cigar good.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Sprouthog said:

Same here. Strong nic puro which overwhelms palette muting the 2nd 3rd until a strong nicotine finish took over. Gonna let them sit for a awhile then reevaluate.

I’ve found a years rest does many a cigar good.

Yeah, I have gone back and forth on whether to buy a box and stash them for a while or just not bother. As it is, it's probably not good enough to justify the investment. But as much as I love Sobremesa, and the glimpses of excellence I got from this cigar have me thinking it may be worth it. Since they come in 10s, I'll probably grab one at some point.

Yeah, I have gone back and forth on whether to buy a box and stash them for a while or just not bother. As it is, it's probably not good enough to justify the investment. But as much as I love Sobremesa, and the glimpses of excellence I got from this cigar have me thinking it may be worth it. Since they come in 10s, I'll probably grab one at some point.

I wasn’t impressed with sobremesa when they came out but a year later a was glad I bought a box. Steve Saka never disappoints me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3rd Johnny O EL Robusto in a week. Very consistent - honey, cream, grass/hay, coffee bean, cake, marshmallow, chocolate and a decent nicotine boost towards the end. Probably the best "custom" I've ever had.  :perfect10:

• Like 3

Viaje Skull and Bones M?stery 2015. A pungent Nicaraguan robusto to close out a good but challenging week. 

20171117_204658.thumb.jpg.defd917bc4eeaa2d8a7c321b041f4bae.jpg

• Like 2