• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Monte 2 Especiale. A bit young. Some coffee. Some leather. Very white ash. Overall a smooth cigar but perhaps a bit too young? Followed it up with my last ERDM CS. I've enjoyed the one's I've had but this last one really hit a grand slam. The entire first third was dominated by what I will just say is toasted marshmallow. It progressed to floral and leather attributes on the second third. By the end of the cigar the marshmallow taste returned. Very impressed.

VR Famosos - just OK, like every other VR that I've had in the past (with the notable exception of the VR Maestros Spain RE which I loved). Definitely not my Marca. Followed by a decent RG Panetelas Extra (they are C&C so you can't expect them all to be great). I think I will light up a RASS from 2006 next that I just recently acquired as part of a sampler of rare/aged sticks.

Received a box of Monte esp 2 psp from Rob - so fired one up - nice enjoyable smoke :thumbsup:

Was that from last week's Monte. Specials offer? If so, I've got a request in for a couple boxes of those as well! :hungry:

Was that from last week's Monte. Specials offer? If so, I've got a request in for a couple boxes of those as well! :hungry:

Well, this was a request to Rob for a psp box.

Just getting started on a JAN 2008 Siglo IV and so far the flavored are a little muted. Hoping it improves.

While I'm down to the last third and it really came around. Only the first third was bland. Since then it has been full bodied with a great spice and toasted characteristic. Time to get back to the cigar :)

The RASS from 2001 last night was a dud - a real bummer, since they are one of my favorites and I was really looking forward to trying an aged one.

Tonight more than made up for it - RG Panetelas Extra, which was quite nice, followed by an absolutely outstanding Punch Punch from 2005 and now a BBF from 2007 (I think - too lazy to look it up) that is just hitting it!

The RASS from 2001 last night was a dud - a real bummer, since they are one of my favorites and I was really looking forward to trying an aged one.

Tonight more than made up for it - RG Panetelas Extra, which was quite nice, followed by an absolutely outstanding Punch Punch from 2005 and now a BBF from 2007 (I think - too lazy to look it up) that is just hitting it!

Claus,

Have you sampled at all from your 50-cab of RASS that you recently got? The one that you, Frank, and I were all talking about, with the box code the same as from the Montreal herf? How has that cab of yours been?

Claus,

Have you sampled at all from your 50-cab of RASS that you recently got? The one that you, Frank, and I were all talking about, with the box code the same as from the Montreal herf? How has that cab of yours been?

I've had a couple of sticks so far and they are just as good as that single we had in Montreal - I wish I had space for another cab with that box code... :thumbsup:

Last night started with a PSD-4 that had a terrible draw. Far too tight, gave up about a third in when it showed no signs of letting up. Replaced it with a Monte PE, which was wonderful.

2007 Part SD#4. The blend was spot on... just past the sick period. The flavors were very pronounced and vibrant. The only thing that bothered me was the roll and wrapper. I prefer thinner, lighter wrappers over darker, thicker wrappers. Since the bunching and roll was a little off on one side, the wrapper had a hard time combusting down one side. 3826e4ef.jpg

Winding down before dinner with a H. Upmann Magnum 48 EL 2009, my first of the vitola. Three years in my humidor and it's smooth as silk. And delivers tons of smoke. Good. Paired with an ESB and a splash of Ardbeg Ten. TGIF.

Finishing off the day with an NC: a Punch (Honduras) Elite Maduro, from -08. The box in my plastidor is down to about half now. Not bad, but not very complex. Paired with a Scarecrow and a splash of Habana Club. Nice way to end a Friday.