• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

9 minutes ago, PrairieSmoke said:

emoji23.png your pictures always remind me how cold it is in MN. Hope you enjoyed the smoke!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry Bro, just trying to warm you up a bitB) And the Connie A is excellent, thanks!

On 3.3.2018 at 12:40 PM, havanaclub said:

Cuban cigars is what got him into the business. I believe he is paying homage to the Cuban cigar heritage.

19 hours ago, BuzzArd said:

Respectfully, I don't believe Pete Johnson holds an ounce of hubris towards Cuban heritage or cigar culture.  I know his love of older Cuban cigars is what led him to Don Pepin and helped develop a Cuban style cigar for the US market.  I like many of the blends, but prefer the Havana Cazadores the most.   They were way better than most of the other cigars being offered in the late 90s and early 2000s for me.  And I appreciate the design simplicity.   If a simple band and a simple SLB presentation with a date code is hubris, then I'll take it. SO much better than all-covering neon bands that scream "buy me".

For an American (i.e. embargo afflicted, perhaps even expatriated), I can absolutely follow that mindset of a notion of tribute and homage (and no surprise to me that that might be PJ's explanation). For an "outside" observer like me, it seems more hubris than praise. Isn't the funny thing just that - he's copying citing all the more recent designs, developed during the Castro / Cubatabaco time (I am seeing ELs, ER designs and, in this very example, even QdO - which is a French-Cuban one ... how much chutzpah can one have?) and not designs of the pre-revolution period...

What is it, pure imitation, capitalizing, praise, irony or comedy? I admit, perhaps I am just not getting it, and pardon me should I be wrong. At least it must be falling under freedom of art, otherwise we would see Cubatabaco and Imperial having long taken action.

Apart from that I wholeheartedly agree with you on presentational design, Buzz.

• Like 2

Great ice there, Erik! We also had a glorious day on the ice yesterday. Bit more snow cover on the lake here but ice underneath was mostly smooth and fine. The girls prefered to walk (some of them even frolic...), while I put on my old skates..... Sadly, all gone by today with the sudden warm front passage. No cigar yesterday, but a very fine SP Corona on Saturday.
RS_1.thumb.JPG.acfef0046be331e407af4291dda51d09.JPGRS_4.thumb.JPG.038759b9c257a66237bcb562696af6f6.JPGRS_3.thumb.JPG.cb46eb13e8b615faea7a994d129ae3f4.JPGRS_2.thumb.JPG.90afd287ce37fcdddfc8e74e0c6fde2a.JPG

SP Coronas from a box I just dug out again to light (MRB Jun 06), which I hadn't smoked from in more than two years or so (can't quite remember). Had I smoked this blind, and wouldn't I be fully aware of how excellent Sancho Panza can be and how beautiful they age, I had not at all been too surprised to learn that this had been a stick adorned with a Reserva band or such. A true delight. Were I to put numbers to it, it had been 87 for the first 6 mm, then quickly moving up to over 90, peaking at a full 97 at the transition between 2/3 to 3/3, and ending not below 93 points. Draw and burn excellent, not a single touch-up needed. A 100-min bliss (yep, re-checked it's the Coronas not the Molinos... )
SPC_1.thumb.JPG.14ef7ff8103598e16f94dfbccf8e32b4.JPGSPC_2.thumb.JPG.78fa6701426417e3e208ce4231028c3f.JPGSPC_3.thumb.JPG.3b142f6705875e9c112c5bb4ba40da93.JPG

Girls looking great there ! Ice has gone here as well , it’s suddenly looking like there’s such a thing as Spring

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
  • Like 2