FOH'ers Daily Smoke

I should give that a shot.

"The Laddie" is amazing, especially considering it is quite young at 10Y.

Let me know if you find some more 'First Ed.'. I think they are on 5th or something. Went sideways after second for me. I'm not into ACE'ing in exotic wine or sauterne casks, but some people are and if so they got something for everybody these days. :party:

• Replies 88k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Man you guys are animals smoking multiple cigars every day LOL.

I thought I smoked a lot but I only have 4-5 a week total in two or three days.

Finally had an 01 erdm tainos gifted by a generous botl'er this past Sunday and it was a great smoke. Perfect burn, great flavor intensity (due to the age), somewhat perfumey due to the floral and sweetness throughout (i forgot to type this as it was still fresh in my memory). Churchills are my favorite large smoke and I really enjoyed this one, it was a 94. It kept me entertained for the duration and didn't lose my interest in the slightest, ended up nubbing it. Followed this with an 08 el lag cce which was great as usual.

Monte #3 from 2010 - decent. I've definitely had better ones.

Edit - I ended up tossing it after touching up the burn 8 times. That thing had such a flame retardant wrapper that it could have been used to put out a major electrical fire :rolleyes:

post-7384-0-21792700-1339124266.jpg

Half of a '11 BPC (started raining while walking the dogs)

Half of a '11 QDO Corona- putting them down for a long nap.

'11 BBF- Just started it, finally relaxing after a stresssssful day. Awesome cigar every time.

on a Upmann Kick as of late, smoked a mag 46 tonight and I gave a Monte petit edmundo to my buddy

First of all the cigar probably wasn't stored long enough in a humidor to stabilize.

Secondly, I don't understand why people don't just touch it up real quick before it gets to that point, not that it's not correctable that far into it.

Thirdly, who cares. How was the flavor? Do you smoke a cigar for the flavor or a pretty burn? LOL

Fourth, it's a monte 2 (just had to throw that one in there lol)

If you only smoke NCs and your first cc burns oddly (which a good portion of NCs very rarely do) it's going to be kind of a shock.

As for the answer to the question: it's not incredibly common to have odd burns with CCs. One thing you can do to reduce the chance of a wonky burn is to store at a consistent humidity/temp and let all cigars that were in the mail rest in a properly humidified environment.

Another thing to check is for any soft spots or obvious construction abnormalities before you smoke so you can be prepared for some trouble spots.

First of all the cigar probably wasn't stored long enough in a humidor to stabilize.

Secondly, I don't understand why people don't just touch it up real quick before it gets to that point, not that it's not correctable that far into it.

Thirdly, who cares. How was the flavor? Do you smoke a cigar for the flavor or a pretty burn? LOL

Fourth, it's a monte 2 (just had to throw that one in there lol)

I have to agree with the above statements. I personally use the following guidelines for any cigars I smoke:

-At least 3 years of age for milder blend, 5 years for a fuller blend

-A month of stabilization in the humidor at RH below 65%

-Don't always expect to cream your pants when smoking a popular cigar (Monte #2, RyJ Churchill, Part SD#4, Cohibas in general, etc.)

-Less popular cigars will have a better probability of providing a more enjoyable smoking experience (construction and blend)

-Don't be afraid to touch up your cigar. You want to ensure that the entire circumference and cross section of the cigar maintains proper combustion

Started with a very nice RG PC which had a wonderfully white ash and then followed by my last (for now) BRC a/t from 2009 which was great.

post-7384-0-86710300-1339191813.jpg

post-7384-0-16655900-1339191822.jpg

Dismal Melbourne weather for outdoor smokers :( Time though to enjoy a nice little Montecristo Puritas with a glass of Merlot thumbsup.gif