• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

21 hours ago, Aardwolf said:

PLPC (TOS February 16) and some Zacapa Negra, very smokey rum:

d8e1a2dfe68b35fb8e8bec493b9f4c8e.jpg

Here comes my incredibly uneducated side when it comes to rum...

Would you say the Zacapa Edicion Negra compares to something like the Havana Club 7, especially in that dark molasses flavor profile? I've had the Zacapa 23 in the past, but I never remember it having that dominant molasses note like the HC7 does, that I just recently sampled. Just curious! Cheers!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, awkwardPause said:

Here comes my incredibly uneducated side when it comes to Cuban rum (and rum in general)...

Would you say the Zacapa Edicion Negra compares to something like the Havana Club 7, especially in that dark molasses flavor profile? I've had the Zacapa 23 in the past, but I never remember it having that dominant molasses note like the HC7 does, that I just recently sampled. Just curious! Cheers!

I would say the HC7 tastes more true, because they don't mix anything in after the fact. What you get from destillation and aging is what you get.

Zacapa is notorious for mixing in sugar, coloring, etc. after the fact, to make their rums smoother.

So I wouldn't say the Negra tastes more molasses than the regular Zacapa, but it definitely has a smokey flavor to it!

The Zacapa 23 makes a killer Cuba Libre though. Half a lime, table spoon of brown sugar, 2oz. Zacapa 23 and I use diet pepsi. Love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, prodigy said:

It's been one of the hardest weeks of my life. Took the day off and am visiting ashville with old friends. Getting ready to go to some of the breweries. Starting the day with this genios. It's like a 7 layer chocolate cake!80e4b64341c73a79bffb7700a11448cf.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Asheville's full of great breweries, and you should try to hit them all but I have to make two call outs: Wedge in West Asheville is a great spot for a cigar and if you're on the Fairview side, Turgua Brewing is making some of the very best beer in Asheville, tiny spot though.  Cheers!!

Asheville's full of great breweries, and you should try to hit them all but I have to make to call outs: Wedge in West Asheville is a great spot for a cigar and if you're on the Fairview side, Turgua Brewing is making some of the very best beer in Asheville, tiny spot though.  Cheers!!
Thanks for the tips! We are sort of just winging it. Probably going to do a hike/trails tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1