• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Man, these are good. And I only have about 14 left but who’s counting. One of the few regionals I will bother to chase. 
D069C10E-5D58-4EA6-8AE0-F9E91AE9C9B7.thumb.jpeg.e559079d502914e6c220d1a8d4332946.jpeg

Thanks to you, we’re all counting... fourteen and counting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Jay_Habanos and I are back at it again for the third night in a row sampling cigars simultaneously.. Tonight's lineup I have a LEP SEP 15 H. Upmann Magnum 50 pairing with a glass of Remy Martin VSOP. I can tell right off the bat the age of this smoke is less than ideal, but it still has a good flavor to it... Just not quite hitting full strides yet. We'll see how the rest of the cigar plays out but there is boat loads of potential in this cigar and to think I was starting to worry about the year 2015 as a whole for habanos but this and a few other have raised my confidence significantly in that year going forward.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

13077b6f602e76ea3cc363708dbfe0bc.jpg
NUBBED BUT NOT VERY PLEASANTLY!!!

When I was in college I worked full time at a fine Italian Restaurant (even though that had nothing to do with my major) and was offered a supervisors possition. In this possition I had to take a few management classes on how to break bad news to someone in a positive way... They called it a complement sandwitch where you sandwitch in positive attributes between the negatives that need to be communicated... So I'll try that with this cigar.

This '15 Magnum 50 started out very smooth and somewhat flavorfull for its age. The twang was pretty good on it for its age and it smoked relatively well. As I went along and approach the 1/2 way point the cigar switched and started to become a little harsh. By the 1/4 pole it was starting to become downright unbearably harsh. To top it off both mine and Jay's Mag 50 (from the same year but different months) seemed very underfilled and mine in particular did not burn very well from the first 1/4 on through the end. Despite these downsides this cigar showed alot of protential (aside from the underfilled tobacco) the smoothness and great flavor at the begining should present themselves even greater a year from now and the harshness at the 1/4 pole should subside and guve way to the great flavor that filled the begining of the smoke.. The only downside I see in total overall through time is going to be this damn underfilled condition.. It is just going to be very difficult to deal with indeed.

That's my assessment of this cigar sorry for the long rant. e826261478b7c700130ff2b4e212b713.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, jtfrizzy said:

NUBBED BUT NOT VERY PLEASANTLY!!!

When I was in college I worked full time at a fine Italian Restaurant (even though that had nothing to do with my major) and was offered a supervisors possition. In this possition I had to take a few management classes on how to break bad news to someone in a positive way... They called it a complement sandwitch where you sandwitch in positive attributes between the negatives that need to be communicated... So I'll try that with this cigar.

This '15 Magnum 50 started out very smooth and somewhat flavorfull for its age. The twang was pretty good on it for its age and it smoked relatively well. As I went along and approach the 1/2 way point the cigar switched and started to become a little harsh. By the 1/4 pole it was starting to become downright unbearably harsh. To top it off both mine and Jay's Mag 50 (from the same year but different months) seemed very underfilled and mine in particular did not burn very well from the first 1/4 on through the end. Despite these downsides this cigar showed alot of protential (aside from the underfilled tobacco) the smoothness and great flavor at the begining should present themselves even greater a year from now and the harshness at the 1/4 pole should subside and guve way to the great flavor that filled the begining of the smoke.. The only downside I see in total overall through time is going to be this damn underfilled condition.. It is just going to be very difficult to deal with indeed.

That's my assessment of this cigar sorry for the long rant.

I've smoked a couple of these Mag 50's and would agree, mine were younger 2017 boxes but found them to be quite bland and lacking in flavour. Construction was ok but only in the last third was I get much out of the stick. 

• Like 1