• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

14 hours ago, havanaclub said:

509f5e282e4367dea8a4626ccb4cfb84.jpg

How does it compare to a standard Opus or Angel's Share? I never seem to see anything about these - even the Forbidden seems more popular.

ULA MAR 14 LGC MdO4 this morning after breakfast. Good to go! Light exotic wood, deep Cohibaesque grass and honey, fruits with cream (somewhere between melon and sweet berries) and some earth, coffee and pepper giving it some ass on the back end. Top tier.

Edit: into the final third and some lovely cocoa notes as well as a soft, chalky body are possible to coax out with careful attention to draw rate. All the previous is now overlaid with a bouqet of freshly-dried flowers giving way to freshcut exotic woods; this is the flourish Fonseca dreams about when it sleeps at night.

Also, SEP 16 PLP. Bought a box on a lark instead of my regularly-scheduled Monte Carlos restock. Ugh. May turn around after some more time and to be fair, I am basing this off of smoking one lone cigar from the box, but this was not enjoyable. At least, not like the MC I had to smoke afterwards to get a reliable PL hit. EML SEP 14 PLMC was fantastic as (almost) always. Have 2 remaining beautiful boxes of same code, but those are for longer-term aging. Onto some TOS 16 boxes next, I believe.

IMG_20180826_105431.jpg

• Like 3

I rarely smoke in the morning, but after 11hrs of brush chipping i'm not doing anything today! Great with a french press dark roast.
20180826_101308.thumb.jpg.1e310c4ac4c6d8e930e229edfe1c3adf.jpg
20180826_101342.thumb.jpg.a2037d8be755d9c1513cc289165786ab.jpg
And a Contigo travel mug - sensible chap! Marvelous things.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

• Like 3

Finally had to try the Party Shorts from our host last night.  All in all ok, 5 years aged but didn't have a ton of flavor.  Going to let the box sit some more and hopefully settle after the trip.

IMG_6617.jpg

• Like 4

How does it compare to a standard Opus or Angel's Share? I never seem to see anything about these - even the Forbidden seems more popular.
ULA MAR 14 LGC MdO4 this morning after breakfast. Good to go! Light exotic wood, deep Cohibaesque grass and honey, fruits with cream (somewhere between melon and sweet berries) and some earth, coffee and pepper giving it some ass on the back end. Top tier.
Edit: into the final third and some lovely cocoa notes as well as a soft, chalky body are possible to coax out with careful attention to draw rate. All the previous is now overlaid with a bouqet of freshly-dried flowers giving way to freshcut exotic woods; this is the flourish Fonseca dreams about when it sleeps at night.
Also, SEP 16 PLP. Bought a box on a lark instead of my regularly-scheduled Monte Carlos restock. Ugh. May turn around after some more time and to be fair, I am basing this off of smoking one lone cigar from the box, but this was not enjoyable. At least, not like the MC I had to smoke afterwards to get a reliable PL hit. EML SEP 14 PLMC was fantastic as (almost) always. Have 2 remaining beautiful boxes of same code, but those are for longer-term aging. Onto some TOS 16 boxes next, I believe.
IMG_20180826_105431.thumb.jpg.1cdbff8df3ef9cd1cc4dfc3cb74a0725.jpg

This was only my second Lost City so hard for me to say. I prefer the original Opus line. This LC seemed more woody with some sour notes. Was a very good cigar. I find the regular opus to be more powerful with more spice. Angel share to me are cinnamon bombs. Awesome smoke!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk