• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

On 8/30/2018 at 6:39 PM, inter4alia said:

Continuing my journey through my NC stash waiting for the good stuff to have enough rest to fire up. Just a couple more weeks. 

20180830_183551.jpg

Don't hold your breath. After buying and smoking ALL Cubans from 2011 on I have been enlightened in the last year and enjoying almost all Non Cuban cigars. I still have tons of Cubans from 2011-2017 but realize that, for my tastes, the HQ non Cuban stuff is simply better. YMMV. The Cuban mystique and price point (much like Burgundy) will draw buyers but it's based on a pipe dream. For every case of Burgundy I buy I get far more enjoyment from a simple Italian and Cental American wine or a freshly rolled N.C.. If anyone wants some prime aged cigars please p.m.!

• Like 1

Don't hold your breath. After buying and smoking ALL Cubans from 2011 on I have been enlightened in the last year and enjoying almost all Non Cuban cigars. I still have tons of Cubans from 2011-2017 but realize that, for my tastes, the HQ non Cuban stuff is simply better. YMMV. The Cuban mystique and price point (much like Burgundy) will draw buyers but it's based on a pipe dream. For every case of Burgundy I buy I get far more enjoyment from a simple Italian and Cental American wine or a freshly rolled N.C.. If anyone wants some prime aged cigars please p.m.!
May I ask what HQ NCs have you been smoking that surpass the CCs?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ditched the VSG I fired up earlier before it was finished. Really not to my taste. Rebounded with this maduro which started outstanding and was getting better with each inch then a monsoon decided to hit out of nowhere. Hid under the umbrella for about 30 minutes hoping it would pass. No luck, so had to toss this right about half way through. Not happy. Was reminding me of padron 1964. Chicago weather, what can you do... 

20180831_193516.jpg

A lot of hype about this stick. Turning out to not be my cup of tea. Can't win 'em all. 

20180831_185316.jpg

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BlackFriar said:

Update:  Just finished the cigar.  Really enjoyed it!  The dry boxing made all the difference in the world!  Will take about five out of the Humidor to dry box and smoke next week.  When I cut the cigar, it had that nice dimple from the rollers who use the old bic pen shells to push in the rolled binder at the end.  Nice to see such quality rolling in such an inexpensive cigar.  The ash was flaky but it was a bit windy.  Is this a consequence of short filler?

Did i give you any partagas pces/aristocrats/habaneros from my stash? Those are my go-to ~$100/box cheapies - AND you get the partagas complexity. Those are all handmade/ long filler. 

Same oomph and complexity for chicos/serie clubs (machine made/short filler) and those are MUCH cheaper, lol.

Re:flaky ash - yeah i most always have flaky ash on short filler cigars. C’est la vie.