• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

Confession time:

I smoke a lot more cigars than I post on here, I don’t post them because I enjoy a lot of NCs. Like this one I’m smoking now, it’s a Nicaraguan Overrun Maduro very cheap and tastes great with coffee.

88745f8639f6638822df5c55727a3326.jpg

I know this forum is more geared towards CCs, I would love to hear people’s thoughts on the posting of NCs on here. I like the community but I don’t smoke many CCs because the few I have I’m trying to age. I do feel I don’t post as much due to my assumption that you all would rather see CCs posted. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you think it's worthy of sharing, do it.
NCs have their place in this wide world. I picked up a couple in the UK box pass yesterday (Brickhouse and Drew Estate) out of curiosity and will be posting my thoughts on them in time no doubt.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

1889176017_2018-09-1420_57_43.thumb.jpg.497fb0eb2cb0a4fd7804f91b7828182a.jpg

1. Diplomáticos No.2 LGR Abr 2018

Yes it was very young, but I had to have one 'right-off-the-truck', as they say. My, oh my, this was really enjoyable in regards to flavours. The combination of sourdough, capsicum and paprika spice melded nicely to make for a great cigar to end a busy working week.

2063670720_2018-09-1423_28_42.thumb.jpg.0984d032c4bddf5b845120714189be2e.jpg

2. Montecristo No.2 UTL Mar 2018

This was okay, not great, not bad, just okay. Why? Well the cocoa and coffee flavours were strangely muted, but the nuttiness made this redeemable. It was as if there was a quarter seco leaf missing or alternatively, a quarter volado leaf extra. That's Montecristo for you, isn't it? It can be phenomenal, it can be great and on days like this, it can be just okay.

I fired up a UTL April 18 Monte No. 2 yesterday and had the exact same experience. Being new to CC I just chalked it up to it being too young. I'm hoping your experience combined with mine doesn't signal simply bad boxes of Monte No 2 coming out of UTL this past spring. I'm probably going to let my box rest a couple more months before I try a second stick. 

7 hours ago, inter4alia said:

I fired up a UTL April 18 Monte No. 2 yesterday and had the exact same experience. Being new to CC I just chalked it up to it being too young. I'm hoping your experience combined with mine doesn't signal simply bad boxes of Monte No 2 coming out of UTL this past spring. I'm probably going to let my box rest a couple more months before I try a second stick. 

Fortunately, I had a second stick of this box code last week and it was much better, more like what I come to expect when I light up a Montecristo No.2.

If you think it's worthy of sharing, do it.
NCs have their place in this wide world. I picked up a couple in the UK box pass yesterday (Brickhouse and Drew Estate) out of curiosity and will be posting my thoughts on them in time no doubt.

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk