• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

3 minutes ago, Luca said:

From yesterday 

Morning smoke: Monte No4 (UEB MAY 18)

Lunch Smoke: SCDLH El Principe 

Arvo smoke: RG Perlas (smoking fantastic fresh!)

Nice lineup. I always love ogling a principe. They’re such delightful cigars. 

I had a few gifted to me by @Hotboxx that were just so supremely gorgeous. I didn’t even want to smoke them. I just wanted to eat them. I told Caity. She said I was a freak. She wasn’t wrong. I chopped the cap off of one and couldn’t help myself. I chewed on the little bit of chopped filler, like a chaw. It was heavenly. No shame. It’s the perfect cigar. 

• Like 1

Grab a box if you can @cfc1016. Hands down they are my favourite minuto at the moment!

I have never chewed a cigar before. Not up my alley but i have heard of those that do chew their cigars a bit. So you're not alone!

I remember watching a Sautter cigar video and Laurence mentioned that he had a customer that would chew through Monte 4s. He would do a while box in a couple of weeks because he loved chewing them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luca said:

Grab a box if you can @cfc1016. Hands down they are my favourite minuto at the moment!

I have never chewed a cigar before. Not up my alley but i have heard of those that do chew their cigars a bit. So you're not alone!

I remember watching a Sautter cigar video and Laurence mentioned that he had a customer that would chew through Monte 4s. He would do a while box in a couple of weeks because he loved chewing them.

TOS XXX 16 principes are staples of my collection. Every time I'm buying cigars, I remind myself that if a box of TOS XXX 16 principes is available, I should be buying them. I get antsy if i have under 2 boxes. I wholeheartedly agree that they are superb. We are choir and preacher on this one.

I didn't actually chew the cigar. I quite dislike a wet cigar, for the effects it has on the draw/taste. I chewed the little bit of filler that I would've otherwise discarded after cutting the cigar. I actually quite dislike chewing the head of a cigar, if I'm frank.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, cfc1016 said:

TOS XXX 16 principes are staples of my collection. Every time I'm buying cigars, I remind myself that if a box of TOS XXX 16 principes is available, I should be buying them. I get antsy if i have under 2 boxes. I wholeheartedly agree that they are superb. We are choir and preacher on this one.

I didn't actually chew the cigar. I quite dislike a wet cigar, for the effects it has on the draw/taste. I chewed the little bit of filler that I would've otherwise discarded after cutting the cigar. I actually quite dislike chewing the head of a cigar, if I'm frank.

I agree. The TOS codes have been great. Apologies I mis read your post. I thought you chewed the beginning of your cigar. I personally don't like chewing the end of a cigar either.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Luca said:

I agree. The TOS codes have been great. Apologies I mis read your post. I thought you chewed the beginning of your cigar. I personally don't like chewing the end of a cigar either.

I have it on good authority that the LGR XXX 17 boxes are of the same character and quality, if not even the same ‘seam’ of tobacco, as Rob would say. They’re both the La Corona factory. 

Sidenote - I thought i read somewhere that minutos are rolled by torcedors who are somewhat ‘lower on the totem pole’. I wonder if they’ve put some ‘rising stars’ on the principe line. If that’s so, I wonder if there’ll be an abrupt downfall in quality of principes [edit] when those rising stars are promoted [edit]. It’s purely speculation, of course, but it’s good enough excuse for me to hoard 16/17 boxes just in case 18/19 ends up letting me down. 

Edited by cfc1016
Added line of text
  • Thanks 1

Guest Nekhyludov
1 hour ago, Gamehawker said:

How was it compared to other cigars you have smoked?

To other QdO? It isn't as refined as an Imperialies, not as rich as the Diplomatico or Belicoso Royal REs. Probably more comparable to a young Corona Claro. More wood and less baking spice, some youthful char in the second half. 

After a very crap day yest( house deal fell through due to moron buyers, and tore hand up at work and got 7 stitches) I need a good cigar and a drink or 3!! 
20190110_205552.thumb.jpg.f0099328ae1c06ea8c75aa52dad6bd9e.jpg
Blanton's makes everything better ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, FatherOfPugs said:

Sorry to hear about the stroke of bad luck, that sucks with the moron buyers, and to add salt to the cut the stitches. Damn....sh!tty day.  Hope the cigar and drinks were good!

Thanks fella, it will work out. And a good cigar always helps!