• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

1 hour ago, Jbhunter223 said:

How many years we’re on the box when you started smoking out of it?  I have an ‘18 box, just wondering if I should let them rest a while 

Just smoke em. I’ve had reyes that were 6 months old and reyes that were 6 years old. They were all excellent. I think each box has had ***slightly*** different character, but that it’s much more a result of different harvests than aging. In my opinion, reyes do not need age to show their potential. I think they’re excellent regardless of age. You will not ‘miss out’ by smoking them young. As long as they’ve had ~60 days to acclimate to your humi, I say smoke em now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cfc1016 said:

Just smoke em. I’ve had reyes that were 6 months old and reyes that were 6 years old. They were all excellent. I think each box has had ***slightly*** different character, but that it’s much more a result of different harvests than aging. In my opinion, reyes do not need age to show their potential. I think they’re excellent regardless of age. You will not ‘miss out’ by smoking them young. As long as they’ve had ~60 days to acclimate to your humi, I say smoke em now. 

I tried one less than 60 days down, as I usually do because I get impatient haha.  Was good but could tell it needed the full 60 days.   Thanks for you input!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jbhunter223 said:

I tried one less than 60 days down, as I usually do because I get impatient haha.  Was good but could tell it needed the full 60 days.   Thanks for you input!

I usually smoke one ROTT too, especially when it’s a new vitola to me. Good to get a baseline. Then give everything else a good 60 days.

I find reyes to be pretty bulletproof. I’m hard pressed to recall one that didn’t satisfy. Trinidads have a nice distinctive character. To me, that justifies the extra price point above my other favorite in the size range - principe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Beautifully.  I have some with more age on them in the humidor, but these are actually smoking better.

I have some from ‘06. Might have to give one a try next time the weather is nice. 

• Like 1