How was this? I had a few from the same code and didn’t enjoy them at all. Hoping time will sort them out.

La Punta is not to everyone's taste, there are several reasons:
- taste is not stable, depends on year to year release, wrapper, rolling density;
- this is a medium-body cigar, like those who are not looking for strong cigars;
- if you smoke deep and strong puffs, the taste degrades to only wood&wood&wood. It need to slow puffs, then the cigar will reveal the whole range of flavors.
Specifically LGR Nov 2017 I liked. It is still dry, I think it will take about 3 months to full acclimatize and not need for aging. The wrapper is very gentle, it is necessary to moisten gradually, otherwise there will be cracks. I liked the taste: wood, nuts, honey, a little sweetness. The first centimeter is very little taste, then the cigar warms up and becomes very rich. Tight twisting, torsedor generously put tobacco. Fear that after moistening can be difficult puffs. I'm happy I bought the whole box.
  • Like 1

Thanks @nKostyan, appreciate the information. I have a nice looking box too, so I’ll wait and take them easy...

On 1/1/2019 at 12:34 AM, earthson said:

What tequila we dealing with, here?

Me, it's winter, so 5 year old Fuente Hemingway Short Story maduro.  I pretty much only smoke Havanas and Fuentes.  Huzzah!

P.S.: I'm on some Cabo Wabo Reposado right now!

Herencia de Plata Reposado. 👍

10 minutes ago, FatherOfPugs said:

enjoyed a VR Don Alejandro this afternoon

Every time I see one of those go up in flames, a tear rolls down my cheek.

I hope it served you well!

Just now, Doctorossi said:

Every time I see one of those go up in flames, a tear rolls down my cheek.

I hope it served you well!

It did, was a very enjoyable smoke. I'm lighting them up very slowly, I wish these were still being made, but alas, HSA has other plans......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FatherOfPugs said:

I'm lighting them up very slowly

The last of mine will probably be well past it by the time I can convince myself to smoke them.  😞