• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

The wife and I closed on the sale of our current house on Tuesday, and closed on the purchase of our new house yesterday. I decided to light up what will most likely be my last cigar at the old house. Some 18 year Macallan paired with a 2014 Coro. Not a bad way to close out the last smoke at the old house.  
20180620_204532.thumb.jpg.c683a294c444d4d6656465b9c8e56cef.jpg

Congrats!
  • Thanks 1

The wife and I closed on the sale of our current house on Tuesday, and closed on the purchase of our new house yesterday. I decided to light up what will most likely be my last cigar at the old house. Some 18 year Macallan paired with a 2014 Coro. Not a bad way to close out the last smoke at the old house.  
20180620_204532.thumb.jpg.c683a294c444d4d6656465b9c8e56cef.jpg

Congratulations, wishing you all the best in your new home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, JohnS said:

884720722_2019-02-1623_38_13.jpg.eb03d8f38c4807d8b28317950b51f7f2.jpg

Black Label Trading Company Santa Muerte Corona Gorda (thanks @Çnote!)

Thanks @Çnote for gifting me this cigar. The Black Label Trading Company also release the Santa Muerte in a Short Robusto, but this Hermosos No.3-sized cigar (yes, it's dimensions are equal to the Punch 48 LCDH and 2014 Bolivar Super Coronas LE) is slightly bigger than a Corona Gorda at 48 ring gauge x 140 mm or 5 1/2 inches.

In regards to flavours, it was mainly a mix of unsweetened cream and wood with some pepper throughout, like a H.Upmann Magnum 46 without the coffee and shortbread. In contrast to that cigar, the flavours here were light on the palate but strong on the nicotine kick, which I must admit I'm not used to as a result of mainly smoking Cuban cigars over a number of years (i.e. with Cubans, it tends to be the other way around).

Still, I'm grateful for the opportunity to sample this to add to my experience along my cigar journey.

@JohnS

Curious as to know if you are intentionally progressing through these NC from most to least CC-like? Or if the cigar-fairies are whispering?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Çnote said:

@JohnS

Curious as to know if you are intentionally progressing through these NC from most to least CC-like? Or if the cigar-fairies are whispering?

Haha...it seems like that's what I've done without meaning to! The only proviso I placed upon myself was to save the upcoming Liga Privada Velvet Rat for a day without adverse weather conditions (i.e. not too hot, cold or humid) as I know that one deserves a little 'extra' attention in my opinion.

884720722_2019-02-1623_38_13.jpg.eb03d8f38c4807d8b28317950b51f7f2.jpg
Black Label Trading Company Santa Muerte Corona Gorda (thanks [mention=32771]Çnote[/mention]!)
Thanks [mention=32771]Çnote[/mention] for gifting me this cigar. The Black Label Trading Company also release the Santa Muerte in a Short Robusto, but this Hermosos No.3-sized cigar (yes, it's dimensions are equal to the Punch 48 LCDH and 2014 Bolivar Super Coronas LE) is slightly bigger than a Corona Gorda at 48 ring gauge x 140 mm or 5 1/2 inches.
In regards to flavours, it was mainly a mix of unsweetened cream and wood with some pepper throughout, like a H.Upmann Magnum 46 without the coffee and shortbread. In contrast to that cigar, the flavours here were light on the palate but strong on the nicotine kick, which I must admit I'm not used to as a result of mainly smoking Cuban cigars over a number of years (i.e. with Cubans, it tends to be the other way around).
Still, I'm grateful for the opportunity to sample this to add to my experience along my cigar journey.

John, where did you get that FOH tray? I need that in my life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, CubanAmerican said:

John, where did you get that FOH tray? I need that in my life!

Glad you asked. FoH have ordered some wood and metal prototypes of this cigar stand product and I was in the 'right place at the right time', so-to-speak,  to trial one out recently.

I'm sure it won't be too long until they are rolled out and widely available as an official Friends of Habanos accessory, like the ashtray, lighter and hat.

20 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Glad you asked. FoH have ordered some wood and metal prototypes of this cigar stand product and I was in the 'right place at the right time', so-to-speak,  to trial one out recently.

I'm sure it won't be too long until they are rolled out and widely available as an official Friends of Habanos accessory, like the ashtray, lighter and hat.

? I can't wait to get my hands on one! @El Presidente, you have any idea when you'll be rolling these out?

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

Haha...it seems like that's what I've done without meaning to! The only proviso I placed upon myself was to save the upcoming Liga Privada Velvet Rat for a day without adverse weather conditions (i.e. not too hot, cold or humid) as I know that one deserves a little 'extra' attention in my opinion.

I'd wait for an early fall day for sure for the Rat! And try to time it for the end of coffee and the beginning of whiskey. Definitely the least CC influence in that bunch, and I should have cautioned you on the youth of Santa Muerte. The Viaje should be about as ready as the LFD was; I still haven't smoke one of those myself, I'm almost content to just smell them.

I've been running thru SC principles MCMC and RyJ Petite Royals like they sell them at the corner store...

So very glad you are enjoying them!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Çnote said:

There were a couple 24:24 over xmas where every box order had one of these added. They are very chic and the ladies like the 'cute monkey.'

Darn! Why did I join this forum too late?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bigbwalls said:

13986FC5-8AED-4967-B6EC-B20DED7BDEDE.thumb.jpeg.7be9e4e7ee817b9d611124d24773bb94.jpeg

Juan Lopez No. 2 - Jan 2018

I hope the rest of the box is as good as this one. Bold flavors, in your face, a nice punch to the sinuses on the retrohale. I’ve burnt through plenty of boxes of these in the past, but this current box is hands down the best yet. 

Your fingers look very oily and ready to smoke in light of this photo filter! Nice tint of rosado too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2