• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

14 hours ago, JohnS said:

2067867336_2019-04-0522_09_48.jpg.e7207623c7b9498ad38c9a3cfcf6952e.jpg

Montecristo A MOL Jun 2017

The biggest Montecristo cigar around is this one, but don't fooled, it's not the strongest. At 47 ring gauge x 235 mm in length (that's 9¼ inches!) this felt like a toothpick in diameter in comparison to the mammoth Sautter Custom Super Mario Habanos cigar I smoked prior to this one.

At two months short of two years in age, this was simply sublime. The Montecristo coffee and cocoa was there, albeit in a diminished capacity, however, it was the flavours that complimented the muted Montecristo quintessential flavour which esteemed it so highly. @Luca smoked one with me this night and what I labelled as almond nut he noted as hazelnut, like Frangelico liqueur, which upon reflection I believe is quite apt. However, in regards to the orange citrus twang like Cointreau, there was no doubt whatsoever, for this was the absolute superlative flavour which held us both in attentive bliss for easily over 2½ hours.

So, in summary, if you are looking to this cigar to overwhelm you with strength or complexity, then look elsewhere, otherwise do yourself a favour and give this some time to rest (at least 12 to 18 months in my opinion) and hopefully you could sit back and enjoy it like I did. This is a strong candidate for my best cigar of April thus far.

I still can't believe how great the flavours were. I loved the Monte A we smoked. I'm glad I have some in my OLH. I am excited to see how they are after 5 years of aging. Maybe more!

• Like 4

On 4/13/2019 at 1:10 AM, Bri Fi said:

I’ve always wondered what the big deal about these sticks were. I have a box of 2016 and they don’t taste good at all. Waiting for them to turn. To the point I refuse to buy any other H Upmanns. Did you notice a big difference from rott to now? 

I can’t say for sure because I didn’t get my hands on this 2014 box until late 2017. It was a HQ box from 24:24 and already had a few years in it when I bought it.

The first few sticks from the box were too rough, too unrefined. I tried one every six months or so, just to check. This one hit the mark from the time I lit it up. It finally clicked. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mrmessy said:

Two today. Masters and post Masters smokes. HdM Elegantes and Opus Forbidden X 13. 3b9f3351afbd84d406ca1bcbc87a8f35.jpg8557cff8edcfd892ea030e433bbc58c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

These are like CA magazine cover photos... Loves me some WP Rye