• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

1065766392_2019-05-0421_37_26.jpg.5a4a9effea0281a52e1e5557a33e4570.jpg

Montecristo No.2 GOS Ago 2018

If you've been around our forum awhile invariably a number of topics will come up from time-to-time. One of these is the preference for darker or lighter wrappers for certain marcas and/or vitolas. A few months ago El Pres was able to pick out some quality Montecristo No 2's in dark and light wrappers and list these boxes on 24:24. I went for the lighter option.

In my experience, I find the lighter-wrappered Monte 2's more approachable in their youth and more dominant in nut and citrus twang. I tend to find darker Monte 2's need more time for me (around 3 to 5 years) and more dominant in strong cocoa/chocolate and coffee flavours. Since cigar smoking is highly subjective and experiences differ amongst enthusiasts, this is just my generalisation in regards to wrapper colour and Monte 2's, if yours is different that's fine.

This Montecristo No.2 was exactly as I envisaged in terms of delivering wonderful notes of almond nut, orange citrus twang, light milk coffee and cocoa and was just above mild in strength, which is amazing really, as the cigar is only eight months old. At this rate, I don't think the box will last out the year until I finish them!

Big thanks on that wrapper tutorial @JohnS , now I can choose wisely. It’s hard to resist the dark chocolate sticks but I did get a box of PSP MC#2 in March with it looks like lighter wrapper. They are down for a nap now and look forward to a taste in a few months.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

I'm gonna be living vicariously through you gentlemen, looks like i have an ulcer so i have to cut out smoking for a few weeks here ?

sorry to hear that!

• Like 2

The first one from my first box - MSA Dic 17. Fantastic, just love these flavors. Need more.
17B411EB-C0E3-4E60-A450-4A9C2F625BEC.thumb.jpeg.b806d27844877c8762ce15324b9ddf07.jpeg

I have the exact same box code of mag 46 from here, had one a few weeks back and definitely turned the corner. I am going through the box too quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, JohnS said:

758538500_2019-05-0423_16_46.jpg.bfe5173182932768ae7c0ffb6245d9bf.jpg

Cohiba Espléndidos MOL Jul 2018

I think I've been fortunate to enjoy a few Cohiba Esplendidos in the last 12 months. Nearly all of them have been quite good, but I don't think any were as good as this. This Esplendidos, at just under 12 months of age, was exemplary in both flavour delivery and construction in every way.

First of all, the cigar was beautifully balanced in flavours, no flavours stood out from the other. Mocha coffee, Cohiba grass/hay, honey and butter...it was all there but curiously those flavours weren't distinctive as much as they were finely melded into one and stayed that way consistently from beginning to end, like what you may expect from an older Esplendidos.

Secondly, I don't remember ashing and each ash-length was at least an inch or more. Sometimes tapping the ash slightly was ineffective in dropping it...I knew this was a sign of quality construction. The burn was always straight and it didn't burn too quickly or slowly, held my attention throughout and made me feel ambiguous at end after nubbing as far as I could go.

After the final puff I was grateful for finishing the night with such an amazing cigar. yet lamented it ending. If only all my Habanos cigars were this good...if only!

Sounds exactly like an esplendidos I had earlier this year that I won from our gracious hosts. Just spectacular in every way, unbelievably rich concoction of honey, graham cracker and citrus. Probably the best cigar I've ever had to be honest! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, havanaclub said:

How was it Andy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Brent....After reading your review. I thought I light one up. As what you described...

Started of with mild cocoa....as it goes flavors was quite intense till end. Did get some sweetness after first third. Was gone before last third.

Construction & burn was spot on. Smoke was abundance. No rough edges & except hints of pepper nearing the end. Probably due to the age. Should be gone given time. 

Overall I agree with you. A very good cigar & can't wait to smoke the next one in a few months time.

You have a great weekend!! Cheers!

• Like 4