• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

On 12/30/2018 at 7:15 AM, Akela3rd said:

HUPC TOS NOV 16
HU Regalias MEG MAR 17
I had the HUPC a couple of days ago and thought I'd compare it with the Regalias...
The HUPC was, as ever, a smooth, slightly nutty and for want of a better word, gentle, smoke. I've got a couple of dozen left and shall ration myself on these accordingly.
The Regalias isn't as subtle but does share the Upmann DNA with a nutty background. I do think these will settle down nicely but although only a few months younger it's definitely still got 'elbows'. As an experiment I'm going to put the Regalias in my 50 count jar with the HUPC and give them the same conditions for a few months and see what develops. 98197e0a7e144c255890fe6c5758f5ff.jpg

Sent from my ActionMan walkie-talkie

Did you ever come back to the Regalias and see how they developed?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MigsG said:

Did you ever come back to the Regalias and see how they developed?

I've had a couple since then but although they've smoothed out a little they're really not in the same league as the HUPC.Good for the price but there's better out there.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Akela3rd said:

I've had a couple since then but although they've smoothed out a little they're really not in the same league as the HUPC.Good for the price but there's better out there.

Thanks - so perhaps the Corona Major would be a better alternative?  Any experience with it? If you don't mind reading my last posting here, does it sound like I had an HUPC, Regalias or Corona Major? 

17 hours ago, MigsG said:

Really? Never had the Coronas major! I'd like to know because I thoroughly enjoyed it.  I should probably buy a couple sticks of the Regalias and Coronas Major and compare!  Unless someone wants to trade with me for a couple of sticks! Thanks @BoliDan

Well, it was actually a little jest to throw in additional confusion in to the matter. Major is very slightly longer than the PC and Regalias. Since I piqued your interest though, yes, it is definitely more forward with those Upmann Cinnamon/Nutmeg/Cafe Creme flavors all the way through. BUT, it will be on the stronger side of medium-full, and a bit more punch in the face and more unbalanced. You probably had the PC which was more refined than powerful. The PC was one of great Mild strength but full-flavored cubans that I lament the disappearance of. I do normally suggest the Major or Majestics for smaller rg, these days, but I felt it necessary to give you a heads up on the Major's strength before you bought a box blind. I personally love majors.

58 minutes ago, BoliDan said:

Well, it was actually a little jest to throw in additional confusion in to the matter. Major is very slightly longer than the PC and Regalias. Since I piqued your interest though, yes, it is definitely more forward with those Upmann Cinnamon/Nutmeg/Cafe Creme flavors all the way through. BUT, it will be on the stronger side of medium-full, and a bit more punch in the face and more unbalanced. You probably had the PC which was more refined than powerful. The PC was one of great Mild strength but full-flavored cubans that I lament the disappearance of. I do normally suggest the Major or Majestics for smaller rg, these days, but I felt it necessary to give you a heads up on the Major's strength before you bought a box blind. I personally love majors.

:lol:  I figured, it certainly did grab my attention!  

Thank you for that description.  It sounds like I will enjoy the Major.  I wonder if removing them from the tubos and dryboxing for up to a week will remove some of that punch.  Maybe it's worth an experiment. 

If I had the PC, then it was a great experience and I have it memorialized on here to fondly look back on. 

40 minutes ago, Akela3rd said:

The bands (on mine at least) are very subtly different with the HUPC having a slightly smaller one. Cross reference the picture here and see what you think...67aa77fa4777d3e375c78a27e4836ed9.jpg

And the HUPC never made it to 2017...

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

This was very helpful. I compared the band of the cigar I smoked. The gold border on the Regalias is thicker.  That is the detail that stands out to me. I had a Regalias. Awesome ?

Thanks @Akela3rd 

I'm very impressed with it for a cheap and cheerful. I'll also be taking Bolidan's advice and trying out the Corona Major side by side. Cheers!

• Like 1