• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

8 minutes ago, JohnS said:

1095432304_2019-06-0519_21_49.jpg.06265038232b3723a365ac854a82d1a5.jpg

Romeo y Julieta Churchills ASO Nov 2016

This Romeo y Julieta Churchill represents a curious and rare scenario because this particular one was smoked on a night where three different people smoked one from the same box (code) and all three came to different conclusions. Aah, the joys and pitfalls of Habanos cigar smoking!

I split this box with @jay8354 (thanks @Raskol for making it possible) and he had one and I gifted one to my son, George. Jase found the flavours too subtle (or muted) for his liking, George found his bland toasted tobacco (or wood) and mine...well, okay it was supremely sensational! Yes, cherry, anise, turkish delight, cocoa and toasted tobacco from the get go and in perfect balance. And when did we come to our conclusions? Well, from the very beginning and our cigars stayed the same way throughout.

Thus, I concede that the RyJ Churchill, for me, has been a cigar that has been excellent of late, yet, when they are bland...yes, they are ordinary. However, I'd be willing to admit that my propensity to suffer the ordinary ones is a bit higher than the average enthusiast. (The same would apply for the Punch Punch.)

Did you give a try on either of theirs for comparison?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Did you give a try on either of theirs for comparison?

Yes. My son and I swapped cigars and drew a few puffs. The difference was immediately obvious. I've had another from the box code in the meantime and that was excellent too. I've had a very, very good run on Romeo y Julieta Churchills since late 2016/early 2017 I have to admit.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Yes. My son and I swapped cigars and drew a few puffs. The difference was immediately obvious. I've had another from the box code in the meantime and that was excellent too. I've had a very, very good run on Romeo y Julieta Churchills since late 2016/early 2017 I have to admit.

I know my box from 18 has been gloriously good! Definitely some cherry, chocolate and Turkish delight! The rosewater flavor didn’t last as long as I’d like it to but the toasted tobacco flavor was what really did I for me just a clean crisp tobacco flavor.

• Like 1