• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

On 7/13/2019 at 11:49 AM, Thirds said:

2018 Mag 46 from singles in the store.  Have several of these and won’t touch for a while.  Found it to be ???

It put off a great aroma but the flavors were muted and singular.  Chalk it up to youth? 

I’m very new to CCs but I’ve now tried Mag 54, Mag 46, No 2 and Connie A and so far Upmann just does nothing for me.  They are all young Upmanns so maybe I need to leave them alone for some time?  I just don’t get any flavor profile as others have described. 

Is it possible my palate just doesn’t taste the flavors of an entire marca?  Should I leave them to rest for a considerable amount of time?  Dry box longer?  Store lower/higher humidity? 

Appreciate the feedback or any similar experiences with Upmann or an entire marca.  Thanks, vets! 

CDB3EAB6-DB46-4060-A971-61DC9FAA77C7.jpeg

Just my opinion, and opinions vary on ageing greatly. My advice is be patient and give them time. Stick them in the back of your humidor and forget about them. My Mag46 are just turning the corner now at just over 6 years of age. I didn't think much of them before now. The last I had from this box just a few days ago, and it was one of the best cigars I have had this year. Complex, rich, classic aged Upmann flavours with hints of liquorice. Divine. I firmly believe most Upmann start to shine at 5 years. One of the best long term ageing cigars.

• Like 2

RYJ Churchill Comeback. 2nd of two singles out of store 2018? These were very good even at this young age. Cheers

1C37AE56-1B56-4073-A121-25AB93E128B8.thumb.jpeg.d24acdabec13352f3e28c8d485dea92c.jpeg

What ya drinking ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, lovethehaze said:

What ya drinking ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadian Alberta Dark Batch Rye Coffee concocted for CCRW. Worked out perfect in the Duvel glass from my Beer days!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IanMcLean68 said:

Just my opinion, and opinions vary on ageing greatly. My advice is be patient and give them time. Stick them in the back of your humidor and forget about them. My Mag46 are just turning the corner now at just over 6 years of age. I didn't think much of them before now. The last I had from this box just a few days ago, and it was one of the best cigars I have had this year. Complex, rich, classic aged Upmann flavours with hints of liquorice. Divine. I firmly believe most Upmann start to shine at 5 years. One of the best long term ageing cigars.

Awesome.  As a newbie, these are the things I’m trying to sort out.  No sense in getting frustrated at smoking a young Upmann when they shine in time.  When I buy Upmann, I’ll buy with the future in mind. Thank you. 

• Like 2