21 minutes ago, FHFinster said:

What town is that?

We are at a hotel in Honesdale PA.  My kids camp is in Equinunk.

14 hours ago, Thirds said:

2018 Mag 46 from singles in the store.  Have several of these and won’t touch for a while.  Found it to be 😴😴😴

It put off a great aroma but the flavors were muted and singular.  Chalk it up to youth? 

I’m very new to CCs but I’ve now tried Mag 54, Mag 46, No 2 and Connie A and so far Upmann just does nothing for me.  They are all young Upmanns so maybe I need to leave them alone for some time?  I just don’t get any flavor profile as others have described. 

Is it possible my palate just doesn’t taste the flavors of an entire marca?  Should I leave them to rest for a considerable amount of time?  Dry box longer?  Store lower/higher humidity? 

Appreciate the feedback or any similar experiences with Upmann or an entire marca.  Thanks, vets! 

CDB3EAB6-DB46-4060-A971-61DC9FAA77C7.jpeg

That’s interesting, I’m crushing a box of clearance 2018 mag46’s, they’re smoking brilliantly already. I’d definitely just let them rest longer, could be a different factory and different leaf. I keep mine at 65%, what are you keeping yours at?

1 hour ago, Kaptain Karl said:

I keep mine at 65%, what are you keeping yours at?

Mine are currently at 65% but I’m lowering gradually to 62% over next several weeks.  

I bought 1/4 box psp mag 46s and yesterday was the first of the 6.  I’ll bring the RH down and wait a few months before trying another.  They look absolutely perfect so it was disappointing.  Glad to know it’s not just 3-5 years that can smoke well. Thanks, Kaptain. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Thirds said:

2018 Mag 46 from singles in the store.  Have several of these and won’t touch for a while.  Found it to be 😴😴😴

It put off a great aroma but the flavors were muted and singular.  Chalk it up to youth? 

I’m very new to CCs but I’ve now tried Mag 54, Mag 46, No 2 and Connie A and so far Upmann just does nothing for me.  They are all young Upmanns so maybe I need to leave them alone for some time?  I just don’t get any flavor profile as others have described. 

Is it possible my palate just doesn’t taste the flavors of an entire marca?  Should I leave them to rest for a considerable amount of time?  Dry box longer?  Store lower/higher humidity? 

Appreciate the feedback or any similar experiences with Upmann or an entire marca.  Thanks, vets! 

I felt the same way about Upmann, tried most all you mention (all young) and they were just ho hum.  Then I tried a HUHC with nearly 4 years on it, and I thought wow that's good.  So I acquired a few Connie 1 with three years on them, and yep, they were spectacular.  So I ordered a cab and put it away.  And now that I "get" the profile, I've had a couple young Connie 1 and enjoy them more.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, slowsmoke said:

I felt the same way about Upmann, tried most all you mention (all young) and they were just ho hum.  Then I tried a HUHC with nearly 4 years on it, and I thought wow that's good.  So I acquired a few Connie 1 with three years on them, and yep, they were spectacular.  So I ordered a cab and put it away.  And now that I "get" the profile, I've had a couple young Connie 1 and enjoy them more.

Great advice.  I have some Connie 1s at 2 years just received so letting them rest a few weeks before sampling.  I’m all for being patient with a marca if it will deliver down the road.  I’ll find some aged ones and get a taste of the potential.  Thank you. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bundwallah said:

2012 VR Unions on a balmy afternoon 

IMG_20190713_1505573.jpg

Not many wrappers as beautiful as a VR when it's really "on".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KnightsAnole said:

JLPC 14, seems I smoke one of these about every 4 months and they never get any better. Love the Marca, love the size, but this cigar is no bueno.

960C1C7B-B283-4451-8B8E-61070E148BC7.thumb.jpeg.18b5e2425e383ec4ba03b515da41a990.jpeg

Perhaps it may be time to put them aside for a longer rest? I've had cigars I considered to be pedestrian at best get buried and rediscovered years later as a good smoke. Only time will tell...

• Like 2

Just now, Burningman said:

Perhaps it may be time to put them aside for a longer rest? I've had cigars I considered to be pedestrian at best get buried and rediscovered years later as a good smoke. Only time will tell...

Same here and it could, you’re right. 5+years on tho and I get no sense it’s going anywhere. It tastes like all Ligero and volado -unbalanced.

1 hour ago, KnightsAnole said:

JLPC 14, seems I smoke one of these about every 4 months and they never get any better. Love the Marca, love the size, but this cigar is no bueno.

960C1C7B-B283-4451-8B8E-61070E148BC7.thumb.jpeg.18b5e2425e383ec4ba03b515da41a990.jpeg

I have a couple boxes from 2016...have only opened one....but they've all been really bland. So many people love these....maybe I got a bad batch. 

• Like 4