• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

1596475523_2019-07-1214_44_55.jpg.96c5b150b6d1ef945bc1d5c34f9a444e.jpg

Cohiba Coronas Especiales (circa 2006 thanks @Trevor2118!)

I'd like to thank @Trevor2118 again for gifting me this aged Cohiba Coronas Especiales. I was genuinely surprised at how much flavour and 'punch' this had for its age. After smoking it I felt that it had 'legs' easily for another 5 years, if you can believe that!

The cigar had those typical Cohiba flavours one associates with the brand such as mocha milk coffee, light hay, honey and vanilla. There was a touch of spice which I noticed more through the retrohale. One flavour that was missing that you'd might expect from a cigar of this ilk was butter or cream but no matter, the cigar was quite tasty, I nubbed it down as far as it could go with my fingers!

One other interesting matter to bring up in relation to this vitola is the pig-tail. I had no issue clipping it with my thumbnail (and the draw was fine) but funnily enough I enjoyed this with @Luca and @Trevor2118 and both experienced a slightly tight draw on theirs. The reason? The leaves were bunched a little too tightly around the pig-tail cap which they both resolved by cutting further down the head of the cigar.

Considering all being equal in age, Construction, quality... which is your preference: CCE or the CoLa? Is this vitola a shorter version or a different blend all together?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CampDelta369 said:

Considering all being equal in age, Construction, quality... which is your preference: CCE or the CoLa? Is this vitola a shorter version or a different blend all together?

100% definitely the Lanceros. Like the Trinidad Fundadores and Montecristo Especial, that 38 ring gauge x 192 mm length (or 7 and a half inches approx) tends to make the cigar flavours slightly milder in comparison to their Laguito No. 2 shorter cousins (i.e. the Cohiba Coronas Especiales and Montecristo Especiales No.2) of a similar age, and this is my preference.

To my taste, it's a similar blend but variance occurs due to the length.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2