FOH'ers Daily Smoke

SLR DC 
OTS DIC 09
About to embark on this beautiful two hour journey. Thank you to my buddy [mention=19958]ayepatz[/mention] for this smoke I wouldn't have otherwise experienced. Iain you're a gentleman and a very generous friend. Cheers mate!
20190818_162245.thumb.jpg.eec9d6ba56108ffe019f898b6a6848e9.jpg
Beautiful! I have one from 07 that I might as well go ahead and consume. It should be in its prime...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Replies 88k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Raskol

• Lotusguy

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

670932800_2019-07-2016_04_02.jpg.b206fd5fd3bc2e2b52f9a3b8c57d51ea.jpg
Juan López Selección No.2 MEL Dic 2016
The Juan Lopez Seleccion No.2 has been a forum favourite in the last 2 years, having enjoyed a resurgance only bettered by the re-branding of the Quai d'Orsay marca. I tend to find them a little too strong for my liking when in their youth, although today's example seemingly 'turned-a-corner' from this box.
Despite being two-and-a-half years old, the first third of this cigar was the first time I got such a strong orange citrus and chocolate flavour from the 'get-go' out of four cigars smoked from the box. My palate very much connected with this profile. Towards the end of the first third I got an uneven burn develop in the wrapper and unfortunately it didn't self-correct this time, so I touched it up, but thankfully I needed no more re-lights. At this point I picked up strong notes of white pepper and espresso coffee, although still with a little orange citrus and chocolate. The final third was all toasted tobacco and it got a little more intense in flavour delivery, yet I still had no issue smoking this down, I didn't finish it early as overall it was a good smoke.
With a quarter of the box consumed (as I have given away three for other cigar enthusiasts to enjoy), I can safely say that these need more time down for me as the cigar was medium-full to full in strength in the back half and I much prefer them milder. I look forward to re-visiting them in a year or two.

I am with you on these, I think they need more time down. I have the exact same box code and date and about half way done. Given several away and smoked maybe 4-5. They do seem to be improving but I get too much pepper for my liking. I am always wondering if I got a dud box as so many on here talk about how good they are, even with younger box codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

This is a 2018....much better than my box of 2015
IMG_1917.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's sad when the 18's are better than the 15's

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, JohnS said:

670932800_2019-07-2016_04_02.jpg.b206fd5fd3bc2e2b52f9a3b8c57d51ea.jpg

Juan López Selección No.2 MEL Dic 2016

The Juan Lopez Seleccion No.2 has been a forum favourite in the last 2 years, having enjoyed a resurgance only bettered by the re-branding of the Quai d'Orsay marca. I tend to find them a little too strong for my liking when in their youth, although today's example seemingly 'turned-a-corner' from this box.

Despite being two-and-a-half years old, the first third of this cigar was the first time I got such a strong orange citrus and chocolate flavour from the 'get-go' out of four cigars smoked from the box. My palate very much connected with this profile. Towards the end of the first third I got an uneven burn develop in the wrapper and unfortunately it didn't self-correct this time, so I touched it up, but thankfully I needed no more re-lights. At this point I picked up strong notes of white pepper and espresso coffee, although still with a little orange citrus and chocolate. The final third was all toasted tobacco and it got a little more intense in flavour delivery, yet I still had no issue smoking this down, I didn't finish it early as overall it was a good smoke.

With a quarter of the box consumed (as I have given away three for other cigar enthusiasts to enjoy), I can safely say that these need more time down for me as the cigar was medium-full to full in strength in the back half and I much prefer them milder. I look forward to re-visiting them in a year or two.

Good to know, thanks.

I have a full box of the same box code and I like my cigars milder too.  I will keep them the untouched box in the humi until at least the 4 year anniversary of the box code.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JohnS said:

663236190_2019-07-2113_46_30.jpg.9a557a4ee8a8b89f66f35e67a9bdcabd.jpg

H. Upmann Half Corona EOT Nov 2016

I had a little time today so I desired something smaller as I had not had H.Upmann for a little awhile I thought the Half Corona would fit the bill nicely. These are around 2-and-a-half years old and after today's cigar I only have one left in this box code.

This had your typical H.Upmann shortbread, espresso coffee and white pepper, was just under medium and had no signs of that youthful toasted tobacco you can get from this vitola when smoked young. In fact, after smoking this, I checked my inventory to find that only around 1% of my humidor is H.Upmann and these sticks are all over three years old. That makes sense to me, as I do like that H.Upmann shortbread flavour and more so when aged a little. Thankfully I have some more H.Upmann in my OLH!

Since I am an H.Upmann whore I just reviewed my inventory on my spreadsheet  . The H.Upmann line makes up over 38% of my approx. 1800 cigars in my inventory. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gamehawker said:

Since I am an H.Upmann whore I just reviewed my inventory on my spreadsheet  . The H.Upmann line makes up over 38% of my approx. 1800 cigars in my inventory. 

That is impressive! I just checked my OLH and I have 7 boxes resting or 175 sticks. Hmmm...I do need some Connoisseur No.1's though! ?

• Thanks 1