• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

13 hours ago, LLC said:

Last day of the long weekend so had to make the most of it.

UTL JUN 18 PSP Vigia, very enjoyable. snip of the very top of the cap revealed a nice divot.

ac6f692e7da41ecb9a6bd52f6d780b46.jpg

af033e1c058f03444ceeade65fa0d6e8.jpg

After a nice steak dinner enjoyed a ESO DIC 14 Siglo III while getting ready for some more college football.

e121c24c772b107eece524256d543e8d.jpg

7a1088ab62fe60822ec3f1a0095e2429.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So interesting you mention the divot.  Always found cigars with them to perform superbly.  My hypothesis is it's the shorter ligero leaf placed perfectly in the center of the cigar.

• Like 1

So interesting you mention the divot.  Always found cigars with them to perform superbly.  My hypothesis is it's the shorter ligero leaf placed perfectly in the center of the cigar.

Definitely thinks it’s a sign of a well made cigar. I normally just put a bit of pressure on the top of the cap with a cutter, often the very top seems to just pop off and quite often reveals a divot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ThePolskiOgorki said:

From my yearly canoe trip on the French River in Ontario. Went for a few days solo and then met up with friends later. I needed the peace and quiet.

C94C82D7-A758-4CB5-9DBC-A3FBD6EBD4C9.thumb.jpeg.5f276ec749d947522f067d91a1f30812.jpeg

Enjoyed this one very much. Set up camp and in front of me were a set rapids. Behind me there was a thunderstorm happening in the distance. The lightning show was pretty good. 

F5006E00-3AE5-429C-89B5-800E4E35BD00.thumb.jpeg.7b01f46840a0f11f7bda7e62ae677245.jpeg

After supper 2015 RASS with a big ash. Went another half inch and finally dropped. Thunderstorms continued that night. Luckily not by me. 

56953A19-3FD2-439C-BF7E-9DD1ACFD10F0.thumb.jpeg.f9733efa9943bf93fac7998d0b39542d.jpeg

The next morning I pulled quite a few of these out of the rapids. These smallmouth bass that live in the river seem to be extra scrappy by comparison to others I have caught in other parts of Ontario. 

7229D31D-A690-446A-A1EA-DB9F0BDD1F86.thumb.jpeg.0042804aee3d6f93a91fc9aa18f3cfd4.jpeg

Camp 2 at sunset. This was followed by a lot of bourbon and several other days worth of great cigars smoked by a guy too drunk to bother taking anymore pics. It’s always interesting to me how much the setting and company can elevate your smoking experience. 

How many miles on the river system do you think you paddled?  I try to get to Ontario once a year for lake fishing but based on your pictures and the campsites, I may have to give the French River a go.  Any portaging along the way or did you always have sufficient water depth to remain in the canoe?  I’ve been contemplating a trip through Quetico but I’m intrigued by the French.  Where do you put in and where did you take out? 

Thanks in advance for sharing! 

4 minutes ago, Thirds said:

2018 Esplendido from @Bucky McSwensen   (Thank you).  Lost my mother to a battle with pancreatic cancer this week and wanted to smoke something special to memorialize her life.  Fantastic cigar and had a couple others to share with friends as we laughed over the memories. 

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your mother.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Thirds said:

2018 Esplendido from @Bucky McSwensen   (Thank you).  Lost my mother to a battle with pancreatic cancer this week and wanted to smoke something special to memorialize her life.  Fantastic cigar and had a couple others to share with friends as we laughed over the memories. 

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your mother, too. I recall this old American hymn,  

Some glad morning when this life is o'er, 
I'll fly away; 
To a home on that celestial shore, 
I'll fly away (I'll fly away). 

May you find peace, brother.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MigsG said:

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your mother, too. I recall this old American hymn,  

Some glad morning when this life is o'er, 
I'll fly away; 
To a home on that celestial shore, 
I'll fly away (I'll fly away). 

May you find peace, brother.

Thanks, Miguel. I find peace knowing her earthly struggles have ended.  Thank you, friend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1