• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

7 hours ago, Thirds said:

2018 Esplendido from @Bucky McSwensen   (Thank you).  Lost my mother to a battle with pancreatic cancer this week and wanted to smoke something special to memorialize her life.  Fantastic cigar and had a couple others to share with friends as we laughed over the memories. 

I’m very sorry to hear it.  I lost mine to pancreatic cancer about 10 years ago too.  Now my wife is going through it with her father, who is in the hospital with leukemia.  I think it is just a matter of days (or even hours) for him.  Losing a parent is one of the hardest things we all go through in life.  My deepest condolences.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

’m very sorry to hear it.  I lost mine to pancreatic cancer about 10 years ago too.  Now my wife is going through it with her father, who is in the hospital with leukemia.  I think it is just a matter of days (or even hours) for him.  Losing a parent is one of the hardest things we all go through in life.  My deepest condolences.

Thank you very much for your kind words.  I’ll keep your wife’s father in my thoughts and prayers and please let her know she is not alone in her suffering.  I’ll pray for mercy and peace for your family.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Coming home from work this morning, smoking a Siglo VI.

49DE09F8-6A83-4933-9349-3A6D5313FAF1.thumb.jpeg.800e62106a04921337a33e066e7b814e.jpeg

Cant sleep until I get some golf in.

CB667F95-B718-466C-96ED-95340EBDF562.thumb.jpeg.c54f77b1a859e8e48dd0eb2b4eba0f57.jpeg

Lush looking course, love it! Bet that RAG was good too.

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

1519557782_2019-08-1820_33_21.jpg.4aa8137dbec7e11fa2a8e63ed126eada.jpg

San Cristóbal de la Habana El Príncipe TOS Jun 2016

Again, I was wondering how it's been awhile since I've had a San Cristobal de La Habana El Principe. Don't fret though, these have been a strong 'go-to' cigar for me and are still very much in my rotation but honestly speaking, I've been pre-occupied with the Por Larranaga Montecarlos these last few months. And so thanks to Cuban Cigar Website's excellent Smoking Diary feature my suspicions were confirmed today, it has indeed been a little over two months since I had my last El Principe. After smoking this one, perhaps I should have another soon as this was superb.

At a touch over three years of age the flavours in this cigar have melded into a pancake-sweet cocoa and molasses combination, with a hint of light coffee and just a touch of spice. Simply perfect for my tastes, this is how I like them.

Hey John, are you storing in their original boxes? Or on cedar trays? And at what RH?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Tupperdors with boveda packs at 62%RH (some longer-term stock is stored at 65%RH) with cedar sheets interspersed within those tupperdors. I keep those tupperdors in a double-bricked bar room in a cabinet below my wet bar, in the dark. 

My location is the key to my 'set-and-forget' storage. Sydney is very stable in regards to RH year-round and my room is fairly stable in regards to temperature.

In fact, with my son's recent 21st celebration last weekend I offered some Diplomáticos No.2's, Vegas Robaina Famosos and Por Larranaga Montecarlos to start the evening. These cigars were all stocked in their original boxes, in ziploc bags,  but with no bovedas for the last two months. I swear it's like they just left FoH in Brisbane when you smoke them...they lose nothing in regards to RH. 

My boveda packs in my tupperdors have not been replaced in over 3-and-a-half years. Yes, believe it or not! They are still supple and show no firmness in their corners (which is the first sign that they are ready to be replaced).

Great information, John!

Stable RH and temperature location and using those Tupperdors and bovedas seems to be the key to your success! And probably not opening them daily.

I like that and do something similar, with 62RH bovedas in Tupperdors.  However, since I love to open my Tupperdors daily, rummage around, smell cigars, rearrange (they're not in boxes but rather laid out on cedar trays), my bovedas thin out (still supple but seeming to lose their gel/liquid/whatever content) after 4-5 months.

Thanks for sharing! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

Tupperdors with boveda packs at 62%RH (some longer-term stock is stored at 65%RH) with cedar sheets interspersed within those tupperdors. I keep those tupperdors in a double-bricked bar room in a cabinet below my wet bar, in the dark. 

My location is the key to my 'set-and-forget' storage. Sydney is very stable in regards to RH year-round and my room is fairly stable in regards to temperature.

In fact, with my son's recent 21st celebration last weekend I offered some Diplomáticos No.2's, Vegas Robaina Famosos and Por Larranaga Montecarlos to start the evening. These cigars were all stocked in their original boxes, in ziploc bags,  but with no bovedas for the last two months. I swear it's like they just left FoH in Brisbane when you smoke them...they lose nothing in regards to RH. 

My boveda packs in my tupperdors have not been replaced in over 3-and-a-half years. Yes, believe it or not! They are still supple and show no firmness in their corners (which is the first sign that they are ready to be replaced).

I need to move to Sydney.  It's a pain storing cigars year round in the NE corner of the USA.

• Like 2