FOH'ers Daily Smoke

7 hours ago, Kaptain Karl said:

Have you had an issue bringing CC's in through customs ever? I've brought cigars in a number of times so far but looks like you're down there a lot more than me! What do you do down in La Paz? I'm a big fishermen so I like to get down there for some fishing as often as possible! 

Great fishing in Cabo! And all over here, La Paz included.  Cool, we should meet up if you're ever down here when I am. I should probably try fishing sometime! I definitely love to eat marlin and tuna! 

I always bring cigars, hehe. The max is 25 cigars per person. Brought 30 cigars once into the Los Cabos airport. Was asked when exiting if I had tobacco. Said yes, pressed the button, got the red light.  Opened my bag, the lady inspector just looked it over, I said 25 cigars, mas o menos (more or less). She asked, why so many? I said, for a party with my friends and laughed. She laughed, waived me thru, didn't bother to count them.

This trip, brought 30 again, this time wasn't asked about tobacco, just press the button please. Pressed it, got green, good to go.

La Paz is great, has some beautiful beaches like Playa Balandra (voted one of Mexico's top 10 beaches).  And a beautiful boardwalk facing the bay on the Sea of Cortez. A real Mexican town. Awesome seafood, way cheaper than Los Cabos. And welcoming people. I like to come, relax, see friends at the beach, enjoy the small town feel and food and slow paced life. You've been here?

• Like 1

• Replies 87.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LLC

• Lotusguy

• Raskol

• havanaclub

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An RE Friday with @Nate Chu C&C for a Saturday morning with this Sir Winston from 03. Today is going to be great if this cigar is anything to judge it by. What a super smooth star

First cigar of the year.

C&C ‘14 especiales. Fantastic start to the day C&C with a Monte 4 C&C time today with a Perla picked up from 24:24

10 hours ago, MigsG said:

Great fishing in Cabo! And all over here, La Paz included.  Cool, we should meet up if you're ever down here when I am. I should probably try fishing sometime! I definitely love to eat marlin and tuna! 

I always bring cigars, hehe. The max is 25 cigars per person. Brought 30 cigars once into the Los Cabos airport. Was asked when exiting if I had tobacco. Said yes, pressed the button, got the red light.  Opened my bag, the lady inspector just looked it over, I said 25 cigars, mas o menos (more or less). She asked, why so many? I said, for a party with my friends and laughed. She laughed, waived me thru, didn't bother to count them.

This trip, brought 30 again, this time wasn't asked about tobacco, just press the button please. Pressed it, got green, good to go.

La Paz is great, has some beautiful beaches like Playa Balandra (voted one of Mexico's top 10 beaches).  And a beautiful boardwalk facing the bay on the Sea of Cortez. A real Mexican town. Awesome seafood, way cheaper than Los Cabos. And welcoming people. I like to come, relax, see friends at the beach, enjoy the small town feel and food and slow paced life. You've been here?

I didnt know that rule, that's awesome!!!

I havnt been to La Paz but I've always wanted to go! We tend to go to PV more (surprisingly the fishing is better there) but I love southern baja. Just something special about the desert mountains going straight into that bright blue water, its spectacular! Unfortunately it's a lot of work on the horizon for me, but I would LOVE to get down there soon! 

Check out a place down there called Tailhunter in La Paz. It's a bar/restaurant, and they run a great fishing charter operation. There's some VERY cool fishing just a bit south at punta arena/la ventana. Probably the best roosterfish fishing anywhere there! 

• Like 1

Glad you enjoyed Kurt. I hope it smoked like it burned. That's a great burn line in the pic. Cheers brother!
I was told that Alex didn't make 109's because he didn't have the molds. How are they compared to other custom 109's?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

It was rather bland and got acrid at the very end. First 88 I've ever smoked. The RASCC I smoked after was much better.

Interesting. I had one a few days ago, and yes it was a bit bland. Not bad, but not at all like a big juicy scaled-up RGPC - which would be amazing. Even the tobacco looks different: much lighter.

5 hours ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Cohiba kind of day for me.  Started with a UAO OCT 17 Siglo VI.

F45EE8F4-86DC-49FF-A9C1-0E9E5683A889.thumb.jpeg.ba6f9aa3e40f8f9be637f109eb71f781.jpeg

I always love a nice divot.

5A6F60F8-B260-4BAE-B2B0-AB7F61F5749E.thumb.jpeg.e244f80c07cb3ec17232c8a4ff1069c1.jpeg

Then moved on to a 17 CoRo.

5E120C11-6F2A-4267-963F-D880F41DC4E7.thumb.jpeg.10276f537d6079666e1db1f63ee87ea7.jpeg

Aren't most days? ?

Can't wait for the day I finally dig into my box of Siglo VI.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Por Larrañaga Montecarlos LGR Ago 2018

Yes, I've had many Por Larranaga Montecarlos this year, and I've seemingly retired my glorious LGR Oct 2017 box, but I wonder if this LGR Ago 2018 box has 'turned a corner' today. At just past 12 months old, it wouldn't surprise me.

As you may be aware, these were initially more 'woody' from the box but today's sample didn't disappoint in terms of caramel. Where it surprised me was in the hint of nut and sour citrus tart essence or what we enthusiasts proverbially like to call 'Cuban twang'. This sprinkling of Cuban twang elevated an above average cigar, for me, to being outstanding. I now eagerly look forward to smoking another soon to see if I get the hint of nut and sour citrus 'Cuban twang' again like I did today.

@JohnS,

Do you find that the "Cuban twang" fades (over time) as the sweetness develops in these PLs, or any Cuban for that matter?

6 minutes ago, Chef said:

@JohnS,

Do you find that the "Cuban twang" fades (over time) as the sweetness develops in these PLs, or any Cuban for that matter?

This question had me intrigued, truthfully! Which are the cigars I've had (recently...as in the last 12 to 24 months) that have exhibited that 'Cuban twang' we all know and love better than we can describe it (hehe, let's settle for something akin to a sour citrus tart expression...?)? Well, the simple answer to this question, for me, has been in cigars actually 12 to 24 months old and the two marcas/vitolas in which I've found it have been Punch (Punch) and Por Larranaga (Montecarlos). I find that the aged cigars I've had that have been over 5 years old and approaching 10 have been more refined according to their marca as they age, with typical expressions of floral notes and/or baking spice or more acute flavour on notes of leather, for example. However, no, I've not found more dominance in 'Cuban twang' with age in comparison to more youthful examples.

A little caveat though, to this answer above, is that the aged cigars I've had in the say, the past 12 to 24 months may have other flavours that either are not noted for 'Cuban twang' say in comparison to these cigars I've mentioned. So, for example, the 2011 Sancho Panza Non Plus has a dominant wood and salt flavour which exhibits creaminess and floral notes, at times, when I've smoked them lately at around the 8-year mark, but I've not picked up 'Cuban twang' in them. And so, I will keep this question in the back of my mind when it's time to 'crack open' my rested Por Larranaga boxes (currently around the 4 to 5-year mark) and Punch Punch 50 cab (currently around the 3-year mark).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2